John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S July Delivery Window Estimate Update Delayed Until August Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 9.53.02 PM
:mad: I just received this email......kinda bummed
Sponsored

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
Not sure why this is such a big deal. What real value is the estimate anyway? It doesn't actually change when you get the vehicle. And Rivian also just shared some videos about their dual motor on YouTube. So, it seems like things are actually moving.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
For those that haven't seen:

Sponsored

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Lol, "to give you ample time to browse these [11] items, we're delaying the delivery window by [a month]."

Yes, everyone needs two days per accessory to decide whether they want to purchase them or not. :rolleyes: Surely this is sarcasm? So tired of these paper thin excuses; if you need to delay the delivery window then just say it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Lol, "to give you ample time to browse these [11] items, we're delaying the delivery window by [a month]."

Yes, everyone needs two days per accessory to decide whether they want to purchase them or not. :rolleyes: Surely this is sarcasm? So tired of these paper thin excuses; if you need to delay the delivery window then just say it.
Not everyone is obsessively compulsive about reading all of their email and following the changes as we are. Would you rather have gotten an estimate that goes back to processing after selecting accessories?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

In all fairness, it says "until August" not "a month".

Yes, it could be August 31. It could also be August 4.

Certainly, they should have specified more clearly.

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I am reading that differently.

I am reading that they want you to order a bunch of gear, so are delaying the update so that they can sell you more stuff. I don't think that necessarily means that any production dates are going to change at all.

By the way they are producing vehicles, I think the dual motor deliveries are going to move up, personally. Now if one has a max-pack, like me, that is another question.

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

Does ordering more gear delay delivery? Does Rivian deliver your vehicle despite not having all the gear in stock at the time to be shipped later?
Sponsored