Sponsored

Just reserved a Volvo EX30 for the wife

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
This looks like a very compelling competitor to Fisker Ocean. I really wanted an Ocean. However their wheel choices are not appealing and for 70k, there are better choices out there.
As a former owner of a 1998 in-line 6 Cherokee, Jeep is missing out on not electrifying the Cherokee.
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This looks like a very compelling competitor to Fisker Ocean. I really wanted an Ocean. However their wheel choices are not appealing and for 70k, there are better choices out there.
As a former owner of a 1998 in-line 6 Cherokee, Jeep is missing out on not electrifying the Cherokee.
The Ocean Sport trim is $37,500...probably won't start shipping till early 2024.

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
The Ocean Sport trim is $37,500...probably won't start shipping till early 2024.
Had to upgrade to $55000 to get light colored interior. Wish Henrik, the best but appears to have missed the window to attract buyers. The Pear may fill a void. It will be curious to see the appetite for a 25k vehicle.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Had to upgrade to $55000 to get light colored interior. Wish Henrik, the best but appears to have missed the window to attract buyers. The Pear may fill a void. It will be curious to see the appetite for a 25k vehicle.
Not sure how it missed a window of any sort, but to each his own.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Thanks for your feedback, it is good to hear a completely positive experience. Most people here joined before they got their vehicles so they didn’t join just to complain and the number of people as well as the wait times at SCs do indicate quite widespread issues but glad yours was good.
Many vehicles and manufacturers are experiencing extremely long wait times. It has much to do with the economy, parts availability and technician shortages. Turns out when you spend 20 years telling kids that you're a dumbass for going into the trades and if you want to be successful you need to go to college you are going to end up with a shortage of skilled tradespeople. Who knew.

Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
China or not, all first gen vehicles are going to have issues.. just like our Rivians do
My R1T has more issues than my first gen Polestar 2 does. Especially with general fit and finish. But I still love the R1T, just in different ways. Also, keep in mind that Geely builds the Link & Co 001, Volvo XC40, and Polestar 2 models in the same plant on the same line. The plant is ran by both Volvo and Geely.

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
My R1T has more issues than my first gen Polestar 2 does. Especially with general fit and finish. But I still love the R1T, just in different ways. Also, keep in mind that Geely builds the Link & Co 001, Volvo XC40, and Polestar 2 models in the same plant on the same line. The plant is ran by both Volvo and Geely.
This is the main reason I reserved it. I've been very impressed by the quality of the polestar 2. I can always refund the reservation if I change my mind.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Reactions: MGA

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
We reserved one too. The small size and cost are the reasons we are interested.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

R2 with NACS plug and $7,500 tax credit is the sweet spot.

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
R2 with NACS plug and $7,500 tax credit is the sweet spot.
R2 is too far out for us. Very likely will be selling the EX30 for an R2 down the line, but for now it will fill the need and get us our household out of gas, which is a good thing we both commute 70+ miles daily.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs