Sponsored

Keeping black plastic trim BLACK!?

Impatient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX350
+1 for this stuff. 1 application lasts about a year. You just have to be careful not to get it on the paint.
+1 for this. Very easy to apply and works as advertised
Sponsored

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
I use the Cerakote and love it I used all 8 wipes and did the wheel wells as well. My main reasoning is the UV protection it gives. I think Project farm on youtube did a bunch of testing and this one won out on protection and it doesn't get much easier to use.
Based on comments here I purchased the Cerakote wipes. I noticed the instructions say intended for use on faded trim... not to use on 'new' trim. Before I apply to my newish R1T, should I have any concerns? Thanks.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Based on comments here I purchased the Cerakote wipes. I noticed the instructions say intended for use on faded trim... not to use on 'new' trim. Before I apply to my newish R1T, should I have any concerns? Thanks.
No.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

THANKS! I detail my own car and handwash it when needed due to ceramics. I really enjoy turning up the music and cleaning my car, it's like therapy. -Kendra
How often do you hand wash?

I thought I'd do mine by hand weekly... That turned into monthly, so I started doing a weekly touchless lowest-tier wash. The least amount of chemicals possible. My ceramic is still holding up almost 2 years on!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rivianmom

rivianmom

First Name
Kendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kansascity.rivianclubs.org
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S, 2021 Jeep
Clubs

By hand - whenever I can not stand all the bugs and dirt. With it being CY, it shows quite a bit. Usually ends up being twice a month I hand wash with a very mild soap that my ceramics guy highly recommended. I am very very picky about the products I use.

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

We're going to test that!

Cerakote ended up winning (some caveats). It also gets mentioned again in the channel's "Best Made in USA" video.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I used the Cerakote last time around and after 2 months or so, it is no longer as nice looking than when I first applied it. I used about 4-5 wipes to do the entire truck, are those of you who swear by it using more than that or less? Just curious if I didn't apply enough product to the trim.
I think I doubled that amount of wipes or close to double. Happy with the results.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Here is an example of the Cerakote Restorer, I could not get rid of what looks like a mfg seam line on the trim over the front wheels, this seems to do a good job hiding them. Here are before/after samples, you can zoom in to see the line that is right on the bend of the piece.

Rivian R1T R1S Keeping black plastic trim BLACK!? IMG_9934
Rivian R1T R1S Keeping black plastic trim BLACK!? IMG_9935
Sponsored