Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I like that they are hearing feedback, but for me I’m generally out of the truck before it lowers itself in kneel mode.

I wish they would add a proximity capability to mimic what I do (and will continue to do manually) - when I approach my house, I first hit drive mode, and then select Sport mode which it remembers as the lowest ride height. I then hIt the garage door opener button. By the time I park in my garage, it’s at the lowest setting and I can exit and re-enter comfortably. My Tesla had these automatic proximity features and it was really nice.
Sponsored

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
Kneel mode is the bomb. I was manually doing it by putting it into conserve as I enter the work lot.

Haven't noticed anything else from the update yet as it's only been one day.

Peterc

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It’s great to hear that Rivian is listening to owner feedback.

I REALLY wish it had CarPlay and Android Auto. Practically every new vehicle, especially at the price point, has it as standard equipment.
Oh yeah! CarPlay would be so great. Especially having my iPhone map just magically show up on the rivian screen like it does on my wife’s Toyota screen.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Kneel MUST go to DOUBLE LOWEST or I will fight you on the internetz!

(Just having fun while waiting for the air compressor software disable update)

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Just finished the update.

Mine comes across as 2022.39.3 ?

Anyways, tried to back in and out of the garage to test out kneel mode. Didn't do anything. Will try it out more when I'm again tomorrow.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various

Anyways, tried to back in and out of the garage to test out kneel mode. Didn't do anything. Will try it out more when I'm again tomorrow.
Probably have to drive it more than that for it to kick in. I didn't have to at all, but it says "some" will.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer

It's off by default and I turned it on in the settings.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I like that they are hearing feedback, but for me I’m generally out of the truck before it lowers itself in kneel mode.

I wish they would add a proximity capability to mimic what I do (and will continue to do manually) - when I approach my house, I first hit drive mode, and then select Sport mode which it remembers as the lowest ride height. I then hIt the garage door opener button. By the time I park in my garage, it’s at the lowest setting and I can exit and re-enter comfortably. My Tesla had these automatic proximity features and it was really nice.
I do the same exact thing and still do as I'm also a little disappointed it only goes to Low and not Lowest in kneel mode.

Sponsored

Shnork

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan rouge , Subaru Legacy
Occupation
pA
This is more a request for those that have kneel mode now who may have a small spouse 5 ’ or smaller who now has an easier time entering the R1S or T. Also can they adjust seat to comfortably drive ?

thanks in advance

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Kneel only brings the height to "low" mode (not lowest). I'm a little over 5'8 and low mode is still higher than what I would consider comfortable without a running board. At 5' or under, I could see this being a problem. Entry and Exit will not be a seamless transition.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Interesting kneel mode experience today. I drove up to our property in Off-Road mode, parked and the truck switched to All-Purpose and knelt 🤔

I was very confused...

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Interesting kneel mode experience today. I drove up to our property in Off-Road mode, parked and the truck switched to All-Purpose and knelt 🤔

I was very confused...
Definitely sounds like a bug...

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Great update. But can we all just call “Zod Mode” instead of “kneel mode” ….because cool people know what I’m sayin :)
I heard that the feature went through rigorous testing at the test track in Otisburg.
Sponsored