Sponsored

Let's talk Tesla Supercharger parking etiquette...

Ohm Boy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Clubs

Unless you are at a station where the charger on the far right has extra space to the right of it allowing you to park half in/ out of that stall’s spot, the cables will likely not be long enough and you will need to take up half of the spot to the right of your Rivian.

And according to Tesla, who on their own decided to open up their network to EVs with ports in all different locations, this makes us “jerks”. 🙄
COdog, there could be no higher compliment than Elon calling us jerks!! 🙂
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm too old to change my "charging etiquette".
download (1).jpg
Not "BRING IT..!" .....

Bring Him! Guaranteed no Tesla weenie will start any shit with you!
Rivian R1T R1S Let's talk Tesla Supercharger parking etiquette... 1711072718328-s6

Dustyshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
It should also be mentioned that Telsa wrote this on their website:

1711041528783-pl.png

Hopefully this cable will be available soon at a reasonable cost, which will help the introverts (ourselves included) avoid those uncomfortable showdowns!

And for those of you who enjoy things on the spicy side, you'll have no problem going without the extension cable!
nah, this is BS. Don’t buy this and pay to solve Tesla’s problem. If they’re supporting all EVs, they need to make their stalls support all EVs.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Unless you are at a station where the charger on the far right has extra space to the right of it allowing you to park half in/ out of that stall’s spot, the cables will likely not be long enough and you will need to take up half of the spot to the right of your Rivian.

And according to Tesla, who on their own decided to open up their network to EVs with ports in all different locations, this makes us “jerks”. 🙄
Actually that is the way Tesla said to park at the SCs. Park to the right.

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

It should also be mentioned that Telsa wrote this on their website:

1711041528783-pl.png

Hopefully this cable will be available soon at a reasonable cost, which will help the introverts (ourselves included) avoid those uncomfortable showdowns!

And for those of you who enjoy things on the spicy side, you'll have no problem going without the extension cable!
Proper method is to unplug any Teslas in your way, then push the Teslas away from the charger you need with the rivian until you've cleared enough space to charge.
Sound advice for any of you nonconfrontational introverts on the forum.

Sponsored

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

If possible, why not just park wherever behind a stall and do a reach around? Or is that frowned upon?
That would take the "adventure" vehicles to another level.

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Most of the SC locations I will need to hit seem lightly used. I plan to park as far to the right as possible, and beside any non-Rivian if I can. I still plan to use RAN stations where possible.

ModelXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Will Tesla drivers also adjust their "etiquette" so they aren't parking in every other space like is often seen?
The every other is because pairs of SCs run off of a single circuit. You'll see them marked 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc. We were taught to do every other unless they're full, simply because 2 Tesla cars on adjacent (e.g. 1A and 1B) SCs will slow the charging for both. (I don't know if this is true for V4s.)
As a Tesla owner, I'll try to be accommodating to non-Tesla vehicles as long as they're not d***s.

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
While everyone is fighting over Tesla SC's I'm going to try out the decrepit EA stations which will probably be empty.
Except for all the VW’s

Sponsored

BFNMichigan

First Name
Gaston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self-employed
Clubs

Telsa not thinking long term and actually trying to build something sustainable and not just putting lipstick on a pig while using a 15 year old car model and lying about its self-driving capabilities for nearly a decade??? Totally not possible. Their CEO is super sane, totally rational sounding, and clearly focused on only important issues. You daring to impose a less than favorable view of Tesla implies you are a woke Marxist. Down with you comrad!!!

😐

Hayseed_MS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
The every other is because pairs of SCs run off of a single circuit. You'll see them marked 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc. We were taught to do every other unless they're full, simply because 2 Tesla cars on adjacent (e.g. 1A and 1B) SCs will slow the charging for both. (I don't know if this is true for V4s.)
As a Tesla owner, I'll try to be accommodating to non-Tesla vehicles as long as they're not d***s.
That is true for the 150kwh V2's but not the V3 and V4's. However, you are right in that the habit/tradition still carries over.

Most Tesla owners I have charged with are ignorant on how the charging works and do not understand the difference in the versions. They will get cranky out of ignorance and not because they do not want others to charge. Most are good folk.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Has anyone charged their Rivian at a V4 station yet? Is it really possible to park in the correct spot for the pedestal?

tculpepp

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I feel like Tesla chose to open their chargers, complications with chargers are Tesla’s to solve. It is not the job of any customers of their charging network to solve. Be reasonably polite, as some of the posts in this thread have suggested and otherwise use the network. Teslas are no more entitled to it than any other vehicle with access is at this point. Elon has spoken.
Sponsored

Last edited: