Sponsored

Loud hissing noise while raising or lowering height of R1S

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
I will pay more attention now but you may be right that it doesn't persist after the system makes those small adjustments once.
I experience it frequently because I leave kneel mode on. The car raises height once per drive, and usually readjusts the first time I come to a complete stop as a result.

If your vehicle is constantly readjusting when you haven't made any height changes, that could be cause for concern. Make sure you're not in auto height mode as that would obviously cause lots of height adjustments.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
I experience it frequently because I leave kneel mode on. The car raises height once per drive, and usually readjusts the first time I come to a complete stop as a result.

If your vehicle is constantly readjusting when you haven't made any height changes, that could be cause for concern. Make sure you're not in auto height mode as that would obviously cause lots of height adjustments.
Where is the adjustment for auto height mode?

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Where is the adjustment for auto height mode?
The auto button is beneath the height selection control when changing drive modes. Each drive mode has different available options (All-Purpose has low, standard, high; Sport offers only low and lowest, etc.)

Auto is great when roadtripping or if your commute involves plenty of highway miles. The system will automatically alternate back and forth from low to standard depending on vehicle speed. At higher speeds, a lower ride height is more efficient while sacrificing ride quality.

Rivian R1T R1S Loud hissing noise while raising or lowering height of R1S Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.48.33 PM

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
The auto button is beneath the height selection control when changing drive modes. Each drive mode has different available options (All-Purpose has low, standard, high; Sport offers only low and lowest, etc.)
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.48.33 PM.png
Oh geez, I must have seen that 100 times ;). Thanks