Sponsored

Max pack to large pack converts, do we expect any change in est date?

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I change to a large pack per earlier guidance. What does everyone’s magic 8 ball say about bumped dates back to 22? Seems unlikely now but I haven’t calibrated my 8 ball since the before times.
Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I'm thinking no chance; but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

It seems like this was something the modelers missed when they projected the first schedule. And because we were placed in 2023 in that first schedule, nothing changes for us as the planners are only re-working 2022 schedules as conditions change.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am cautiously optimistic for a couple reasons.

Thinking specifically about Adventure/Large/R1T

- All orders already configured A/L from 6/21 through 12/21 were given Oct-Dec 2022. (from what I could gather looking at all the spreadsheets from polls done around when delivery estimates went out at the end of December).

- It would be really weird for them to order/screw people based on a previous configuration

- Rivian knew some people would switch, announcing that they were going to contact 2018 and 2019 Explore/Max holders and ask them if they wanted to switch.

- Knowing people were going to switch, it would be pretty surprising if Rivian didn't pad the delivery estimate dates to account for it.

- The biggest factors so far appear to be supply constraints and if you are in a region with a service center

But like everything delivery related.... I hold on to a bit of skepticism even for my own brilliant* theories

* Claims of brilliance are subject to terms and conditions. May change at any time. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Brilliant may also mean idiot in some cases. Like this case here.

OP
OP

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

It seems like this was something the modelers missed when they projected the first schedule. And because we were placed in 2023 in that first schedule, nothing changes for us as the planners are only re-working 2022 schedules as conditions change.
This is my gut feeling too. Shame, I would have really liked to have two tax credits this year. These are good problems to have I suppose and it’s not like it’ll get here before it arrives.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I chatted with CS today. I think we’re in a separate grouping of preorders. He said we won’t get a message end of May per that email last night. We must wait to be contacted in the “summer”.
My guess is that we’re not in the pool of people getting vehicles right now. As random as everything seems, it seems at least we know for sure that we aren’t getting vehicles for awhile.

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I chatted with CS today. I think we’re in a separate grouping of preorders. He said we won’t get a message end of May per that email last night. We must wait to be contacted in the “summer”.
My guess is that we’re not in the pool of people getting vehicles right now. As random as everything seems, it seems at least we know for sure that we aren’t getting vehicles for awhile.
Do you have Ocean Coast configured?

I don't put much faith in anything CS says personally.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Do you have Ocean Coast configured?

I don't put much faith in anything CS says personally.
I had OC, but changed it to FE two weeks ago when I saw it in the Venice hub

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had OC, but changed it to FE two weeks ago when I saw it in the Venice hub
Ah gotcha. You've got like the double whammy of changing configs.

What a bummer though. I really hope they sort you out asap. Especially given how early your order was and that they asked you to switch to large. Fingers crossed for you.

OP
OP

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Talked to a CS rep today. She said to be on the lookout for an email in the next couple of weeks with updated timing. Didn't get a clear read on whether or not changes in configuration around the battery would have much of an effect but I think she was in the dark too. Another email to look forward to at least.

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Been (over) thinking about this.

It got me thinking about this info screen. This is on the Configure screen and you get to it by clicking "Learn more about delivery timing"

View attachment 20353

A couple more random thoughts

- that screen adds to my feeling that they surely anticipated people changing their configs

- but that might not matter if they just decided to divide things up that way... what @Ralph said is definitely possible

- CS probably doesn't know anything beyond that there is a field in their CRM software that says "delivery estimate window" and I'd bet that hasn't changed for anyone since December.

- Rivian tends to choose their words carefully

- But it's not like that matters... if they don't want to schedule my truck it's not like I am gonna "get them on a technicality"

- there have already been a bunch of mid-late '21 deliveries and even a rumored Jan '22

- they seem to have started pulling forward folks w/ oct-dec '22 estimates and assigning guides. All R1T/BM/Adventure/Large

So yeah, still cautiously optimistic, especially since my service center appears close to opening. But I am definitely not sure of my optimism.

Ddowns2050

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Tesla model S, C8 convertible corvette
Occupation
Electrical contractor
I preordered July 2020 with a max pack and got the letter stating first half of 23. I changed to the large pack. I asked CS about this a couple of times if this would change me to 2022 and didn't get a straight answer.

I got an email from my guide today and was told I should have the truck by the end of June at the latest.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar

I specifically asked the Rivian person who called me and ask me to change "well if I'm H12023 for my other Max pack orders, what earlier delivery time are we talking?"

I ordered in 2018... And to push me to the back of all the other Large pack orders is insane. If they told me that I'd have said no.

I'd have said no, and kept all my orders Max Pack and sold them all when I got them.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I preordered July 2020 with a max pack and got the letter stating first half of 23. I changed to the large pack. I asked CS about this a couple of times if this would change me to 2022 and didn't get a straight answer.

I got an email from my guide today and was told I should have the truck by the end of June at the latest.
Unbelievable... I just keep shaking my head.

Good for you, but WTF for me?

@Ddowns2050 when did you get a guide?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll give it another week... I'm just gonna lose my mind each week seeing more and more Adventure orders getting guides.

I'm just shocked at how poorly run this all has been.
Sponsored