Sponsored

Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 coming in 21 inch

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
Glad I picked up the 20" MSW wheels and General Grabber HTS60's a few weeks ago. They ride great, have better efficiency (so far), and are FAR cheaper to replace. I really love Michelins, but I had no tread left.
I'm considering the same setup. Are you're getting better efficiency when compared to the stock 21s? Thanks
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Yes, not by a ton, but yes. At the very least, they are equal.

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Does anyone have an update on the release date for the Michelin 21" tire? My local Costco and tire shops can't even see this tire in their databases...

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Does anyone have an update on the release date for the Michelin 21" tire? My local Costco and tire shops can't even see this tire in their databases...
Well, according to Lee from Tire rack, they have had Michelin LTX MS2 275 55 21 for sale back in December 2023 @$400 per tire. Lee said the tirerack has bunch on back order with expected delivery of July 2024 @$364 per tire. I asked Lee to verify this two times over, he was annoyed that I didn't believe him...So who are you Rivian owners with 21s that bought out this tire????

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Well, according to Lee from Tire rack, they have had Michelin LTX MS2 275 55 21 for sale back in December 2023 @$400 per tire. Lee said the tirerack has bunch on back order with expected delivery of July 2024 @$364 per tire. I asked Lee to verify this two times over, he was annoyed that I didn't believe him...So who are you Rivian owners with 21s that bought out this tire????
It's kind of a suspicious timeline. I wonder if the The ones from 2023 were the old load rating and they stopped making them and now the ones he shows in July are going to be the new load rating?

Sponsored

coulomb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lightning
Glad I picked up the 20" MSW wheels and General Grabber HTS60's a few weeks ago. They ride great, have better efficiency (so far), and are FAR cheaper to replace. I really love Michelins, but I had no tread left.
I have General Grabber on my Lightning. At 24k now, they have maybe 2k miles left before being completely bald.

snowboarder777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi RS7, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 Rivian R1S
Update, got email saying 9/14 for these tires now... Fingers crossed

Sponsored

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Yeah September 14th.
Got you. Since you said fingers crossed, I thought it might be sooner than the July timeframe you mentioned

Welp,
I'm at 28k now and close to the wear bars. I don't think I'll make it till September...

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
My tires will need to be replaced soon. 3/32 on most with 15,000 miles crossed today (I never use conserve and have rotated at 5k and 10k). I can’t seem to find these on Tire Rack even though others said they’ve ordered them there. I’d like to place an order to get them ASAP from there or ideally Discount Tire. Can anyone point me in the right direction to order?

edit: I sent an email to Tire Rack given some others said to contact them

Last edited:

Bullwinkle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RS1, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4Xe
Occupation
Retired
I just placed an order for 4 of them (275/55R21). Will pick up end of month.
This is great news!
Text Conversation with Tire Rack:

You
at 13:33, Jun 22:
MICHELIN DEFENDER LTX M/S2, I heard this will be available in 21 275/55 for Rivian soon. Is this true? I have a 23 RS1 21 inch tires

Hunter--Tire Rack
at 13:34, Jun 22:
current release projection is September

Last edited:

snowboarder777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi RS7, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 Rivian R1S
My tires will need to be replaced soon. 3/32 on most with 15,000 miles crossed today (I never use conserve and have rotated at 5k and 10k). I can’t seem to find these on Tire Rack even though others said they’ve ordered them there. I’d like to place an order to get them ASAP from there or ideally Discount Tire. Can anyone point me in the right direction to order?

edit: I sent an email to Tire Rack given some others said to contact them
I would do the live chat on the weekdays and you can connect with a representative and place a pre-order for these. They won't charge you until they are shipped out in September.
Sponsored