Mono audio after upgrade to 2023.42.1

timnagy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone else getting mono audio only after upgrading to 2023.42.1? I noticed it instantly. The fader works but all songs on Spotify, at least, are now playing in mono. (Try playing “Left and Right” by Charlie Puth - the lyrics all come from both speakers instead of only right and only left. And it sounds really bad.)
Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
My headliner speakers stopped working so I did a reset holding the left button on the steering wheel and the hazard lights button. Now they work. I have version 2023.42.2.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

My headliner speakers stopped working so I did a reset holding the left button on the steering wheel and the hazard lights button. Now they work. I have version 2023.42.2.
I would’ve tried an infotainment reset before doing the full car one.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I would’ve tried an infotainment reset before doing the full car one.
You’re right I should’ve done the other one but I’m just curious, any harm in doing what I did? I forgot which one was which so I just pushed the left bottom and hazards.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

You’re right I should’ve done the other one but I’m just curious, any harm in doing what I did? I forgot which one was which so I just pushed the left bottom and hazards.
I don’t think it should harm anything. But, I hear you’re not supposed to do it often. I think left-most button and right-most button simultaneously resets the infotainment.

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I don’t think it should harm anything. But, I hear you’re not supposed to do it often. I think left-most button and right-most button simultaneously resets the infotainment.
This was my first time doing that reset so I’ll keep that in mind.

Krs71

First Name
Krish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
I'm still having the issue after reboot and am on 42.2 version of the software

OP
OP

timnagy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just fixed this. To clarify, this happened only with Spotify. Bluetooth audio was fine. To fix it, I logged out of Spotify on the infotainment unit and signed back in. Instantly worked.

DMDK82

First Name
Dmitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 23' BMW iX M60, 22' Tesla Model X Plaid
Occupation
Construction Consultant
I had the same thing after update only on Tidal had to do a screen reset. Also the sound volume seems to be off it is lower then before and is inconsistent and the album art is not loading no matter what. Did resets and logged in and out multiple times.

Sponsored

bbonkk

First Name
howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

I had the same thing after update only on Tidal had to do a screen reset. Also the sound volume seems to be off it is lower then before and is inconsistent and the album art is not loading no matter what. Did resets and logged in and out multiple times.
I am having the same problem with Tidal. Before I would have it set between 13 and 15 on the volume scale which was perfect volume. Now I need to hit 20 or so and the sound quality sucks. I thought my ears were getting worse but now that you have the same problem I know it’s not in my head.

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

I am having the same problem with Tidal. Before I would have it set between 13 and 15 on the volume scale which was perfect volume. Now I need to hit 20 or so and the sound quality sucks. I thought my ears were getting worse but now that you have the same problem I know it’s not in my head.
I don't think its just Tidal either. I don't use Tidal, just bluetooth and I'm now at a 15 volume-wise. After the last update I had to go to 12. Before that I was at 8 or 10 and it sounded great. I really do not understand how the audio can fluctuate so much.

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

Same issue here with the album art on Tidal - multiple login/logouts, infotainment reboot, and hard reboot. Still no art. Voice navigation did come back at some point, so I guess that's a win.

FlightDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I have Tidal but am still on 42.1.
So what's the recommendation for reboot? Seems like everyone has done something different.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have Tidal but am still on 42.1.
So what's the recommendation for reboot? Seems like everyone has done something different.
Just reboot the infotainment screens. Hold the 2 outside buttons on the steering wheel for about 15 seconds. You will see a couple of messages and the screens will go dark. Takes 1-2 minutes to complete. Be patient and let it finish coming up when you see the screens available. I tend to give it at least 5 minutes before I start clicking around after.
Sponsored