Music controls / browsing should be more accessible

MPH

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2019 Audi Etron
Aren’t we all supposed to be hands free and watching the road? (Or the big Center screen at times?)
I just don’t understand why there is no option to have music more accessible.
Unless I memorize the names of 400 Amazon music stations/ playlists (assuming Alexa doesn’t send me to FM every time I say “radio”), I have to browse on my phone for a station/playlist or podcast that fits the mood. Or search on my phone for a playlist in iTunes.
Shouldn’t there be some way to browse on the infotainment screen? And why do I have to stare at the message to ask Alexa to do stuff in between 2 pictures of what’s playing? Enough already. Got the message day one.
Even the Alexa integration is sub-par. What I wouldn’t give for CarPlay or a real Amazon Music app etc! I even tried three different screen options and none were recognized via Bluetooth.
I feel dirty looking down into my crotch every time I want to browse music channels. At least the driver assist will stop me from ramming the dump truck ahead 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Rivian… Please please make this easier and safer for all of us on the road!
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Your pending lawsuit will loose credibility while you continue to drive your Rivian. I suggest you sell it immediately.

Edit: Thread title was changed. So maybe we’re not doomed after all. FWIW I agree things could be improved.

Last edited:
Reactions: MPH

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I typically jump in, find what I want to listen to, then go where I need to go. Never have issues. If I'm picking up my 8 year old... she will instantly yell something at Alexa, then I'm stuck listening to that on the way home... never even have a need to touch the phone, unless I'm using waze. Even then, still hands free with a phone mount. 🤷‍♂️

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I usually drive without looking up from the screens at all. Have I been doing it wrong? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: MPH

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I usually drive without looking up from the screens at all. Have I been doing it wrong? 🤔
That’s what the front camera is for.

Early astronauts complained there were no windows in their capsule. It turns out we want some visual orientation to confirm our velocity and direction.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I typically jump in, find what I want to listen to, then go where I need to go. Never have issues. If I'm picking up my 8 year old... she will instantly yell something at Alexa, then I'm stuck listening to that on the way home... never even have a need to touch the phone, unless I'm using waze. Even then, still hands free with a phone mount. 🤷‍♂️
Heh... Give it another 8 years... Then let's talk again 🤯

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

The Tidal app isn't great either. When you tap on an album for instance, it starts playing it instead of drilling and showing a song list. Wish there was a way to add songs to playlists, too, or "play next" like Apple Music has.

Ultimate I hope Rivian implements Apple Music (not CarPlay) as an app.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
yeah, I've been pretty disappointed with the Tidal app since its introduction. I really wish they'd make it better. The lack of an Amazon music interface is also a very very strange design choice. Every update I hope to read about improvements to these systems, but we just keep on waiting...

Sponsored

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

The Tidal app isn't great either. When you tap on an album for instance, it starts playing it instead of drilling and showing a song list. Wish there was a way to add songs to playlists, too, or "play next" like Apple Music has.

Ultimate I hope Rivian implements Apple Music (not CarPlay) as an app.
See here's the problem with this unilateral "do this for me" thinking.

OP wants Amazon Music.
You want Apple Music.
I want Google Music.

If they start making concessions, they're going to alienate another subset of the population, so if nothing else, we're disincentivising Rivian from doing anything at all. A simpler solution might be just conceding to AA/CP so that we can use whatever app we want, but they have already said 'no' to that request.

Personally, coming from the vehicles I've had in the past that had ZERO integration (except bluetooth) and where I had to do everything from my phone anyway, having a giant touchscreen is already an upgrade.

Anyone else's parents ever remind them to be grateful for what they have? No? Bueller...?

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Does anybody know how, when I am playing a Spotify playlist, to go back to the playlist, from another screen like navigation? When I go back to the Spotify screen it acts like I am launching app, but I just want to go back to the playlist that is playing.
Sponsored