First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Would love to know the why on the removal of high regen option on the G2 DM?

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The original 22" is Scorpion Zero AS; whereas, new 22" is Scorpion MS. New and different tire. On Ascend model, its Pilot Sport S5, with staggered F/R sizing.

Pilot sport is very nice option. Is that on the sport 22" wheels? Also where did you see it comes with Michelins?

The Tri-Motor demo had 22" Range wheels with Scorpion MS.

Rivian R1T R1S My Gen 2 R1S delivered review & recommendation! - for those on fence about Gen 1 vs Gen 2 IMG_3206 (1)
Rivian R1T R1S My Gen 2 R1S delivered review & recommendation! - for those on fence about Gen 1 vs Gen 2 img_2947-jpe
Rivian R1T R1S My Gen 2 R1S delivered review & recommendation! - for those on fence about Gen 1 vs Gen 2 img_3141-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S My Gen 2 R1S delivered review & recommendation! - for those on fence about Gen 1 vs Gen 2 IMG_3127

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Curious if dual performance will get the high setting 🤔

That's a great question and I hope the answer is yes. That would be a nice benefit and also reason for some to want to upgrade.

Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's a great question and I hope the answer is yes. That would be a nice benefit and also reason for some to want to upgrade.
I'm hoping so too!

I just now also had the thought it could possibly be tied to battery pack as well. Maybe something with the LFP battery that they don't want to spike that much energy into the battery?

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Wow, shocking!

A new, revised version is better overall than an older counterpart.

A more relevant question is this: Is a new $110K tri-motor a better purchase than a used $70K gen1 quad with less than 10k miles?

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Wow, shocking!

A new, revised version is better overall than an older counterpart.

A more relevant question is this: Is a new $110K tri-motor a better purchase than a used $70K gen1 quad with less than 10k miles?
I would take a lightly used G1 QM with that price disparity for sure.

sidvijay

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
@SSpearsAU did Rivian change the way the front license plate holder mounts to the front bumper on the Gen2?

Sponsored

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
Does the Gen 2 have the dopey cloth section in the lower door pocket area?

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Have you noticed any vampire drain when parked at home? How's the locking and unlocking?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
1) Noise. It is a much quieter cabin than Gen 1.
2) Suspension. While I hope Gen 1 improves with the next update, the Guides on site confirmed it is still not what Gen 2 has to offer. It is a much better ride all around.
3) Cameras and other sensors. What can I say, it's much improved. The dash image now also shows cars behind you, not just the ones in front of you. Cameras are crystal clear.
4) Cooling. I am not sure if it is the heat pump or not, but even comparing it to the Gen 1 demo today, it is a much more efficient system. Still not very quiet, but it blows ice cold. I know this is subjective but very noticeable in my opinion.
Do you know what exactly is the difference between the two? Both have air suspension and have not read or heard anywhere that the basic suspension geometry or components have changed. The tire option has and that will make a big difference but one can match the tires.

Congrats on being one of the first Gen 2 deliveries! It's great news that Rivian is paying attention and improving some of the issues. When I finalized my R1S over a year ago, I knew there were early adopter risks, it was already dated tech in some ways, and things would change. It just goes with the territory like my Apple II PC, Mac SE, iPhone first gen, etc. I believe in making a decision, owning the decision, and don't look back with regrets.

1) Noise - As we have discussed, it's objective. Glad to hear they have improved it. I came from a 14 year old truck, so my Gen 1 R1S is MUCH quieter. That's all that matters to me.

2) Suspension - I'm pretty sure one of the comments Rivian made about the Gen 2 is that the spring rate was changed on the R1S, in addition to refining the software. Gen 1 will not get new springs via OTA 😁

3) Cameras - Coming from a 14 year old truck with zero cameras, I'm fine with the Gen 1 cameras 😃

4) Cooling - This seems to be highly variable in Gen 1. Mine works great. We had 100 degrees the past several days and I had no issues getting it chilly inside the cabin after 5 - 10 minutes. Hopefully they have figured out & solved what was causing this wide variablilty in cooling with the new design.

OP
OP

SSpearsAU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 R1S
Have you noticed any vampire drain when parked at home? How's the locking and unlocking?
I did not have a Gen 1 where I would have a good comparison. My Rivian is garaged in Florida. I lose 1% max overnight. Seems like that is what most EVs are seeing these days. I have not left it unplugged for more than one night if that is necessary to really evaluate this.
Sponsored