Sponsored

EVsinROC

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP, GL550, M3, Jag XJL SC, R1S & CT on order
I have QM/GW/OC/22 Brights. Have had it for 6 months with 7.5k miles.

Since you bought the vehicle, the cons were not serious enough, even though you use words like "inexcusable" to describe some of the shortcomings.

I, too, find the steering lacks feedback and is too light. Also, I find you have to put the vehicle intentionally, into oversteering condition (just to be clear that we're talking about the same thing - oversteer is when the rear axle/drive overtakes the front axle/drive, often called fishtailing).

The traction control and the drive mode has to be set such that you can power your way into oversteer, or suddenly lift the accelerator pedal midst of a turn with the traction control off to get the vehicle into oversteer condition.

By all means it's not a perfect vehicle, from my perspective. (I know others will disagree). That said, it is a unique vehicle today. Highly capable 3 row eSUV with decent appointments. It's a very good effort by Rivian in their first gen vehicle. I knew that going in with eyes wide open.
Have the exact same spec on pre-price hike. Are you have with GW/OC combo? Would you have gone with another exterior color? Appreciate any feedback

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Something more important than that... trying to keep my truck interior stain free!! ;)
I can appreciate that... With my Ocean Coast interior... Although, its more grey than white.

Mad Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, Lexus GX460
I got 1500 miles on the odometer. I got the R1S dual motor Forest Green/Forest edge + warm ash wood Max Pack All terrain package. Most of the miles have been traveling between the Catskills and Queens, NYC driving 80 mph on the interstates, 70 mph on the parkways, 60 mph on the state routes. I can't seem to get better than 1.8 mi/kw in mild winter temperatures. Once I got over how I am saving the planet with this vehicle or not, this is a fun vehicle to drive. I will avoid reading posts that brags about getting mid 2 mi/kw so I won't get jealous. :)
Sponsored