Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hello my dudes!

Today is another super exciting day - allow me to officially introduce the OpenSourceEV Parts NextGen Phone Mount. It's the latest generation of the best phone mount on the market for Rivian R1T and R1S. NextGen is completely redesigned mount, and like the Left Mount V2, it installs at the very top of the outboard vents. It's positioned perfectly - easily in reach and outside of the shadow of the steering wheel.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts NextGen Phone Mount - Driver and Passanger 20240109_221918
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts NextGen Phone Mount - Driver and Passanger 20240109_221831

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts NextGen Phone Mount - Driver and Passanger IMG_1949.JPG

Importantly, this time it's not just for the driver -- we're making it for the PASSENGER as well!

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts NextGen Phone Mount - Driver and Passanger 20240107_144953

Paired with a good phone holder (pictures have it shown with the <$10 LISEN MagSafe Holder), it's a tremendously usable location to store your phone. I've been rocking one of the 20+ prototypes for this over the last month+ and I'm not sure if I could use anything else at this point.

It comes by default with the 17MM ball mount, but you can add-on the 20MM or 1" modular balls if wanted.

The driver side version is a direct, drop-in replacement for the Left Mount V2, and as such we've also engineered an upgrade kit for it. If you have a Left V2 and want to move to this instead, there is reduced price kit to do that. You'll reuse parts from the 'old' mount instead of just throwing them away.

These went on sale late last week to our newsletter subscribers and are now shipping! Pricing is very reasonable:

$13.95 for the mount
$22.95 for complete kit with the LISEN Phone Holder
$7.50 for the Left V2 Upgrade

You can order here: https://opensourceev.com/products/nextgen-phone-mount

Alternatively, and very highly recommended, you can 3D print a NextGen for little to no cost! Like all the other products that I've designed and are manufactured by OpenSourceEV Parts, the STL model for it is posted. This time, it's a relatively easy print, too! It's located here: https://www.printables.com/model/722398-opensourceev-nextgen-phone-mount-for-rivian-r1t-r1

We've also made a video showing the colors and installation:
Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Great work as always Rob. The install on these new vent mounts is super clean and easy. I still love the positioning of the one in the middle, so I'm leaving that one in too. My wife and kids love the vent mounts, especially the one on the passenger side.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts NextGen Phone Mount - Driver and Passanger IMG_0387