Sponsored

Out of Spec Kyle's 4,500 mile Cybertruck review. Gives verdict vs his Rivian R1T

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
TLDW (and I even only watched the last ~5min or so)...public reception has been more positive than he was expecting; steer-by-wire is next level; OEM tires are terrible in the snow; feels more solid than any Tesla he's owned/driven before; Rivian still his pick (for now).

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
He should drive it to my place and I can give it the reception he expected. I will even participate in a 5 hour livestream if necessary :cool:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

He should drive it to my place and I can give it the reception he expected. I will even participate in a 5 hour livestream if necessary :cool:
I'm still waiting for the gun nuts to figure out what it takes to penetrate the door skins, progressively increasing the firepower until it goes through. Then continue until they have through penetration on both sides.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I'm still waiting for the gun nuts to figure out what it takes to penetrate the door skins, progressively increasing the firepower until it goes through. Then continue until they have through penetration on both sides.
Jerry rig everything did this last week. A .50 cal went right through the door and probably would have gone through the other side IMO but he did the test with the door open so he didn't "ruin the interior" (?).

The .17 HMR also pierced it.

The .223 (shot from an AR-15) also went through, and that is the preferred gun of lunatics so anyone buying the CT for this purpose might want to rethink that decision.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Jerry rig everything did this last week. A .50 cal went right through the door and probably would have gone through the other side IMO but he did the test with the door open so he didn't "ruin the interior" (?).

The .223 (shot from an AR-15) also went through, and that is the preferred gun of lunatics so anyone buying the CT for this purpose might want to rethink that decision.
Not to mention the glass at head level is still glass.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
TLDW (and I even only watched the last ~5min or so)...public reception has been more positive than he was expecting; steer-by-wire is next level; OEM tires are terrible in the snow; feels more solid than any Tesla he's owned/driven before; Rivian still his pick (for now).
Missing a big caveat. Steer by wire is next level except *in the city or on the highway.*

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think he actually specified that he liked it for daily driving, but hated it for more performance oriented driving or off-roading
Yup. Hated might be a bit strong, but doesn't love it.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

It cracks me up hearing the different YouTube personalities using every euphemism in the thesaurus when describing it to avoid the ire of the TeslaStan masses.

It's exciting! Unique! Eye Catching! Insane!

Every video is some derivation of the same thing, and it's honestly hilarious.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly

I love .17hmr. good to know.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

This is why they used a submachine gun to show how "bulletproof" it is. A big, low velocity round with a large surface area slug that is going to disperse the energy. Plus you have the whole "mobster drive by" thing.

But a small caliber round like .223 in a full metal jacket with a high velocity will punch right through just as easily as any kind of "normal" car

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This is why they used a submachine gun to show how "bulletproof" it is. A big, low velocity round with a large surface area slug that is going to disperse the energy. Plus you have the whole "mobster drive by" thing.

But a small caliber round like .223 in a full metal jacket with a high velocity will punch right through just as easily as any kind of "normal" car
Exactly. Not many crimes committed with Tommy guns these days.
Sponsored