Sponsored

Out of Spec Kyle's 4,500 mile Cybertruck review. Gives verdict vs his Rivian R1T

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Saw one in the daytime yesterday. The panels all looked warped. The larger the panel the more noticeable t
I said the same thing when I saw one on the freeway the other day. The whole side was terribly wavy. This a byproduct of not having curves or ridges stamped into the panel to keep it looking straight. No thanks..
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I said the same thing when I saw one on the freeway the other day. The whole side was terribly wavy. This a byproduct of not having curves or ridges stamped into the panel to keep it looking straight. No thanks..
You are mistaken. That’s how you “change the game” and “innovate” :confused:

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm still waiting for the gun nuts to figure out what it takes to penetrate the door skins, progressively increasing the firepower until it goes through. Then continue until they have through penetration on both sides.
Not a gun nut but there's plenty of choices out there for anyone looking. I sometimes question why civilians need all these choices. The normal road-rager will not have anything other than a 9mm.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Personally I like Out Of Spec’s videos, he has helped me learn a lot about EV’s and Rivian’s in particular
I wholeheartedly agree. Kyle has been a valuable resource for me personally. I have learned so much from him about EV's. We love our dear Opal (our R1T) but there are a lot of other good EV's out there that we are learning about. We have had Opal for almost a year. This our maiden voyage into EVing, and we want to learn about everything out there. Kyle has made us aware of many things that we would not have known otherwise.

Brian

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
Uh made it through uh about 3min video uh than got to the point uh nothing interesting to me uh skipped everything and uh sounded better. Give me that number sheets that’s all.
Except if you go to 31:28 you’ll see he actually got the new tonneau design as a repair and not a replace new parts on the old one to make it work. Kinda interesting

Sponsored

ac95

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Film Industry
The tonneau cover that you can stand on, is pretty cool.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’ve seen a couple wrapped here in SoCal, makes it much better, the flat wrap really helps hide the waves (or that one was in better shape to begin with).

jakegeno

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhicle.org
Vehicles
No Rivian yet.
Occupation
Engineer, writer
Exactly. Not many crimes committed with Tommy guns these days.
When reading about the shooting tests, I'm really wondering if there is even one person that ordered Cybertruck just because of possibly being bulletproof. I mean isn't it easier to change the neighbourhood if you can afford a CT?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
When reading about the shooting tests, I'm really wondering if there is even one person that ordered Cybertruck just because of possibly being bulletproof. I mean isn't it easier to change the neighbourhood if you can afford a CT?
Of course you are right, but I would go farther to say the entire idea of needing a vehicle to be even bullet resistant because of “crime” or “the apocalypse” is just a paranoid fantasy. I think these people watch too much walking dead or something…

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

wow, this guy just finds a way to cut the line 🤔

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I don't need to watch any videos to know all I need to know about the CyberTuck. I'm starting to see one almost every day in LA. Yesterday I saw one wrapped in all black - looked even worse than stock. There is simply no way to make it look good. It looks like a prop from a bad 80s sci fi movie and it's aging poorly already.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

He should drive it to my place and I can give it the reception he expected. I will even participate in a 5 hour livestream if necessary :cool:
You can pee for five hours nonstop?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You can pee for five hours nonstop?
It would require a lot of beer and water, but I’m willing to do it for the greater good. 🫡
Sponsored

Last edited: