SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

oh he definitely paid the pre-3/1 price. if he had paid the price he should have paid, he would have said as much. he already knows he's getting slammed for skipping the line and if folks knew he also got the discount on price, that would put most folks over the top. anyway, it probably means we are not going to see unbiased content/critique from him on the R1T now.

and his "didn't get any special treatment" stance is really comical and downright annoying. yes you did and yes its because you are a YTer, not just because you had a friend who knows a Guide. you think if anyone of us non-YTers asks for the contact of a Guide, we get it and then ask for a truck will get one early? not a chance.

other quotes that make we wanna slap the guy in the face:
"no one knows who we are"
"everyone i know got their R1T without waiting in line"

i generally like his content but he's been exposed. in his earnst to get a truck sooner its backfired in a way he probably didn't expect.

and a Guide has this much power or had that much power? if so, then Rivian's fulfillment is/was disorganized and broken. would explain the whole Rivian Lottery though if Guides were pulling this crap. and i suppose the R1 Shop is supposed to fix this. wonder if it has or not or orders are still out of order.
Be careful. You are starting to sound like me earlier in this post and the Kyle shills will come for you with juvenile memes....
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I was shocked to hear in the first four minutes of his latest video that he paid pre March pricing rather than the post 1st March increase. That goes against everything said at the time and is Rivian giving away over $15k.
We made enough noise about it here that Kyle felt like had to finally come clean so congrats to everyone here for, you know, having the audacity to express your opinions on a topic that you have skin in the game for despite the threat of juvenile memes.

If you are upset by this, then reach out to RIVIAN ([email protected]) and or RJ and voice your frustration there where it can be productive.

Let RIVIAN know that as a reservation holder that is playing by the rules it is frustrating, and a very bad look for RIVIAN to be showing some people favoritism (i.e. YouTubers and the like) while those of us who have helped stand up RIVIAN are being left to twist in the wind.

The difference between a RIVIAN Employee or a "Friend and Family" who may or may not get favorable pricing is that they are not in a position to be public facing and advertise it. So, it likely won't piss anybody off. YouTubers are going to attract attention and piss people off.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
We made enough noise about it here that Kyle felt like had to finally come clean so congrats to everyone here for, you know, having the audacity to express your opinions on a topic that you have skin in the game for despite the threat of juvenile memes.

If you are upset by this, then reach out to RIVIAN ([email protected]) and or RJ and voice your frustration there where it can be productive.

Let RIVIAN know that as a reservation holder that is playing by the rules it is frustrating, and a very bad look for RIVIAN to be showing some people favoritism (i.e. YouTubers and the like) while those of us who have helped stand up RIVIAN are being left to twist in the wind.

The difference between a RIVIAN Employee or a "Friend and Family" who may or may not get favorable pricing is that they are not in a position to be public facing and advertise it. So, it likely won't piss anybody off. YouTubers are going to attract attention and piss people off.
I already emailed RJ about the inconsistent treatment of Adventure reservations getting free Launch Edition upgrades. He responded saying it was “forum misinformation” and these reservation holders are paying for upgrades. I told him I’ve seen hard evidence from folks here that they did in fact get those upgrades for free. I don’t fault the individuals who got these benefits, but I do fault Rivian for showing preferential treatment in cost and options for some and not for others with no clear delineation aside from more diligent guides. Pretty disappointed in my guide experience.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I already emailed RJ about the inconsistent treatment of Adventure reservations getting free Launch Edition upgrades. He responded saying it was “forum misinformation” and these reservation holders are paying for upgrades. I told him I’ve seen hard evidence from folks here that they did in fact get those upgrades for free. I don’t fault the individuals who got these benefits, but I do fault Rivian for showing preferential treatment in cost and options for some and not for others with no clear delineation aside from more diligent guides. Pretty disappointed in my guide experience.
1) Thank you for being proactive and emailing RJ. If you share his email others can write him as well. :)
2) I'm impressed that you got a response! Good for him for reaching out.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
1) Thank you for being proactive and emailing RJ. If you share his email others can write him as well. :)
2) I'm impressed that you got a response! Good for him for reaching out.
I don’t think his email is any secret after the pricing fiasco, but it’s what you’d expect: [email protected]. I was surprised to see him respond as well. Unfortunately his response demonstrates he doesn’t know what’s happening in his own company.
Sponsored