First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
I try turning on and off my Bluetooth but to no avail! Had to delete the key and re-added. It maybe related to the other issues I stated in my OP.

Michael
Sponsored

OP
OP
Green Mean Machine

Green Mean Machine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
So I got a loaner today. At drop off the Tech said that the turtle mode can mean that some sensors are defective or a pin needs to be replace. The SW need to be updated to fix the issue with all electronics stop working. He also admitd this is the first time all this errors came up one the same truck at the same time!
The other more serious error code was the red truck with exclamation point on top. This means that is something wrong with the motors and they need to look into it deeper to see what the actual issue is. IT maybe a sensor or harness or something else or even the motors. So I need to wait and see.

OP
OP
Green Mean Machine

Green Mean Machine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
OK guys I got my truck back today! Thankfully it was nothing serious even though it had all the warnings of a serious issue. The issue was that the hose, on the tank that holds the coolant fluid for the batteries, somehow got a crack in it and they need to replace it and fill the tank with fluid again. That resolved all issues:rock::clap:. So lesson learn...When you see too much fluid on the bottom of your Rivian bend over and look to make sure is just water and not coolant fluid🧐 and listen to the warnings and take it in SC ASAP.

Thank you all for your support and comments!

Michael

faizal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y, Hyundai Genesis
Wow strange just had the exact same incident happen to my R1S. Plugged into a Shell fast charge station for 30 minutes - battery charged from 30% to 70%. As soon as I unplugged and put foot on brake it said coolant fluid low. I started driving and 30 min later the vehicle said pull over. When I did it shifted into park and said motor fault. Red fault icon, turtle icon, and all Driver+ icons were showing. Called Rivian who had me reset - that bought me another 30 min until it happened again. I reset again. Went another 15 min before it happened again. This time the reset didn't fully fix and the vehicle limited my speed to 42mph. Rivian sent a tow truck and credits for me to Uber home.

I'm in shock! Top priority of any vehicle is to get you from point A to point B reliably. This is such a let down. I expected multiple motors to provide redundancy and reliability. My wife doesn't trust the Rivian anymore and I can't say I blame her.

Last edited:

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Wow strange just had the exact same incident happen to my R1S. Plugged into a Shell fast charge station for 30 minutes - battery charged from 20% to 70%. As soon as I unplugged and put foot on brake it said coolant fluid low. I started driving and 30 min later the vehicle said pull over. When I did it shifted into park and said motor fault. Red fault icon, turtle icon, and all Driver+ icons were showing. Called Rivian who had me reset - that bought me another 30 min until it happened again. I reset again. Went another 15 min before it happened again. This time the reset didn't fully fix and the vehicle limited my speed to 42mph. Rivian sent a tow truck and credits for me to Uber home.

I'm in shock! Top priority of any vehicle is to get you from point A to point B reliably. This is such a let down. I expected multiple motors to provide redundancy and reliability. My wife doesn't trust the Rivian anymore and I can't say I blame her.
Wow this sounds very frustrating and I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through it. This can happen with any brand though and isn't the norm for Rivian.

Rivian should put you in a loaner while service gets this sorted.

Sponsored

faizal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow this sounds very frustrating and I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through it. This can happen with any brand though and isn't the norm for Rivian.

Rivian should put you in a loaner while service gets this sorted.
Thanks - while it can happen - it's particularly shocking for a brand new vehicle at this price point that's designed for "adventure". I would not want to adventure anywhere with it right now. My previous Honda, Hyundai, and even Tesla never stranded me on the side of the road.

I was on a road trip back from Canada and the R1S shut down twice in the customs line while waiting at the border! Pretty stressful.

Yes, they offered a standard rental loaner. I'd have to cover gas though so I'm opting to drive my Tesla instead for now.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Thanks - while it can happen - it's particularly shocking for a brand new vehicle at this price point that's designed for "adventure". I would not want to adventure anywhere with it right now. My previous Honda, Hyundai, and even Tesla never stranded me on the side of the road.

I was on a road trip back from Canada and the R1S shut down twice in the customs line while waiting at the border! Pretty stressful.

Yes, they offered a standard rental loaner. I'd have to cover gas though so I'm opting to drive my Tesla instead for now.
Yes, I would be disappointed as well. Your frustration and disappointment are totally valid. Please let us know how they fix it and what the outcome is.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Probably should check to be sure they also installed the muffler bearings correctly...

/s

faizal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, I would be disappointed as well. Your frustration and disappointment are totally valid. Please let us know how they fix it and what the outcome is.
They initially didn't have any Bellevue service appointments until January but I already had one scheduled in December at their new Auburn location so they towed my R1S there. They kept it for about 10 days, and addressed the following

• refastened coolant hose - it was loose which caused coolant to leak out so the Rivian disabled itself to protect the drive system
  • replaced telecommunications (TCM) module - the cellular connection had stopped working after the first month of ownership
  • fixed heated steering wheel - this had stopped working in the first 2 months of ownership
  • adjusted rear tailgate - addressed some panel gaps and "horning" I noted upon delivery in September
  • investigated passenger SRS - the passenger airbag and climate control often turn off while my girlfriend is seated there. they said at 100lbs she may be too light 😣
I had also filed a ticket for a creaky suspension and they scheduled another appointment for May 1 - seems like they must be pretty backed up.

Anyways the service person Angie that corresponded with me was super nice and offered me some Gear Shop items to compensate for the trouble.

I love my R1S - I really hope this is the only service visit.

Last edited:

stackofdimes

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
I got the “coolant low” message and the truck shut down. It is currently at the SC waiting for the fix. For those of you that had the same issue: Did it ever occur again? Or was Rivian able to fix it the first time?

faizal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the “coolant low” message and the truck shut down. It is currently at the SC waiting for the fix. For those of you that had the same issue: Did it ever occur again? Or was Rivian able to fix it the first time?
Sorry that happened to you. It happened to my R1S at ~1,000 miles. They refastened the coolant hose and it hasn't happened again so far at ~3,500 miles.

I dunno how often it's happening to others, but if it's a lot I wish they'd recall vehicles to ensure it doesn't keep stranding R1 drivers on the side of the road.
Sponsored