Sponsored

Pet Mode/General AC issues** UPDATE**

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Never had a single issue with AC or climate control. Then I took my T tot he SC for some minor stuff and they updated me to 18 without asking me. I’ve had issues with it now since. Afraid to update to 22 for fear of it getting worse.
Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
My data:

Outside temp 85 degrees.
Cabin temp. 124 degrees in the sun parked.
Cabin temp. 77 degrees in the sun parked with AC on, wont go below that.
IR gun pointed at AC vents, anywhere from 62-70.

KimberlyB

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just picked up my R1S last week and used Pet Comfort for the first time today. Can you not set the temp below 68? Outside temp was 91 degrees. Very glad I was only gone for 5 minutes as the cabin temp was 74 and climbing and my dog was way too hot for this. I was so excited about this feature but obviously can't trust it.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I believe 68 is the lowest you can set it. It does you absolutely no good to set it lower if the AC can't keep up with the heat input. AC cools at a fixed rate until it reaches the set temperature, it doesn't cool "more" if you set the temperature lower.

I've used pet mode a lot, even in very sunny/hot weather (along with a windshield sun shade). For me, it always keeps the vehicle at a "comfy" temperature for my dog. Of course, I'm constantly checking my phone to make sure ...

KimberlyB

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I believe 68 is the lowest you can set it. It does you absolutely no good to set it lower if the AC can't keep up with the heat input. AC cools at a fixed rate until it reaches the set temperature, it doesn't cool "more" if you set the temperature lower.

I've used pet mode a lot, even in very sunny/hot weather (along with a windshield sun shade). For me, it always keeps the vehicle at a "comfy" temperature for my dog. Of course, I'm constantly checking my phone to make sure ...
Ok thank you!

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We use the pet mode all the time and we do not have a pet. When we rub errands in the R1T in the summer Florida heat, the pet mode is our best friend.

Brian

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
We like Doggo-Moddo as we call it.

It was 90 last weekend and we parked in the shade to walk around an art fair in a local park. Even though we took the pooch with us on that stroll, we left Pet mode on and really liked coming back to a cool truck. I think it'll take less energy when running quick errand to keep the compressor running rather than stopping and starting it all the time.
Sponsored