Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Damn, there was one right around the corner. Thanks, will give them a call tomorrow.
Yea, there are Discount Tire stores in So Cal, but they are NOT related to America’s Tire. It’s pretty confusing!
Sponsored

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Just got my R1S this morning & stopped by Discount Tire & completed transaction for $300 before I hit the road from Atlanta to the Poconos for 3 weeks of E911 Wireless Drive Testing :cool:

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Stopped by this morning at the CORRECT America's Tired location and got it all done pretty quickly:
discounttirecerts.png
Wait. They installed those tires for you? Americas tire near me today said no to a 115 load tire, as others have experienced as well. 70lb difference per tire :(

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
Discount Tire does that for any new vehicle tires. I purchased the Road Hazard warranty for my 2022 Tesla Model S with 21' (pot hole lovers) for about $250 including tax.

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
Wait. They installed those tires for you? Americas tire near me today said no to a 115 load tire, as others have experienced as well. 70lb difference per tire :(
The tire line is $0, that is just what they use to quote (calculate) the placement cost for the RH warranty.

I looked at my receipt and it also shows the 115 load rating (although my tire is a 116).. I assume that is because they didn't have the others in their system yet... shouldn't be an issue as they will replace with the actual matching tires if there is a failure (hopefully).

Last edited:

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Anyone know how long you have to buy the certificates? For example, if you buy a used R1 with several thousand miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Stopped in today (Tempe, AZ, store) and purchased Road Hazard Warranty as well for $299.97. Manager said they’d even cover off roading issues (rock in tire)! Feel good about my purchase. 👍🏼
Anyone know how long you have to buy the certificates? For example, if you buy a used R1 with several thousand miles.
They checked my mileage and measured my tread wear with calipers. Not sure what the threshold is, but I only have 1800 miles…

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

Stopped by this morning at the CORRECT America's Tired location and got it all done pretty quickly:
discounttirecerts.png
Wow, my Discount tire wanted $92/tire not $75. Figured it was a fixed cost, same exact tire.

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

Odd. I didn’t even have to say anything, the rep just said $300 straight up. Can you show the rep the various screenshots and my receipt in this thread? Maybe they are punching in an incorrect SKU?

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

This is a very good PSA that deserves more attention. For some reason I didn't comment before...

Anyway, turns out I just got a pretty nasty screw right on the edge on one of my 20" All-Terrain Pirelli tires. No way it could be patched, the tire had the be replaced. Fortunately, I saw this PSA a while ago and bought a certificate for all four of my tires just before hitting 2,000 miles. In the end, I'm getting a free tire replacement from Discount Tire for the cost of the certificate (~$90), saved me several hundred dollars, and I don't need to drive all the way to a Rivian service center.

I would even say this is pretty good advice for any new car purchase, get the tire certificate!
Sponsored