First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Mine is a September '23 build and has a trapezoid cutout for the camera and a round cutout for the rain sensor.

If yours is a more recent build they may have slipped new hardware in already without people noticing. Can you take a close up photo so we can see what's behind the cutouts?

It could just be a beefed up rain sensor under the bigger cutout on the left or something else that's completely unrelated to ADAS.
Here's your Pic..
Rivian R1T R1S R1 refresh prototypes spotted with new hardware? 20240206_125958
Sponsored

OP
OP

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

When I took our R1T into our service center I was talking with the guide about a refresh of the R1's. He said he had just got back from Normal after a month of training.

We were talking about the 850hp of the current R1's and he said "Well, the refresh will have 1200hp".

I don't know if that is what it will have, he just told me. He also said with a "wink wink" that infotainment updates are coming. I mentioned CP/AA and he said "wellllllll, you never know".

Again, this is what he told me, and shouldn't be mistaken as 100% reliable information.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
Mirrors are new as cameras from front arch molding have been relocated into mirror. Not sure on new front camera, but more cameras are to be activated for improved driver+. New wheels coming, wood being removed on new package along with camp speaker and some other cost saving changes. Expect monochromatic to make an appearance soon, it is in testing. Hoping original owners can get it installed though sure it is not going to be cheap

Last edited:

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Mirrors are new as cameras from front arch molding have been relocated into mirror. Not sure on new front camera, but more cameras are to be activated for improved driver+. New wheels coming, wood being removed on new package along with camp speaker and some other cost saving changes.
I think they should keep the wood trim and camp speaker as options. More cameras would be a nice feature as well. A better wireless charging pad would be nice to have as well.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Could also be cold climate testing on LFP standard pack.

A small microwave oven would be much more useful than the camp speaker. You think they'd also offer anti-radiation undies in the Gear Shop?
It's an air fryer drawer, not a microwave.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
There is a new package coming, think explorer package. I doubt the camp speaker will go away, but probably an option/accessory like that patent for the battery bank. Seems like they can do a few options where speaker sits now. Don’t see wood leaving, but being part of high package.

Rivian needs something like an F150 XLT option to grab more fleet customers, and price conscious shoppers. 110V in the frunk for cordless tool battery charging. Gear shuttle and some accessories from Milwaukee or Dewalt for the tunnel would be awesome.

Have heard between 1000-1200hp for quad enduro, but think the hot hatch so to speak may be on the R2 platform. Lighter and smaller, easier to get performance numbers and handling. Something like Audi SQ5 makes sense over a 7 passenger R1.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Expect monochromatic to make an appearance soon, it is in testing.
You mean electrochromic roof, right? Or are you talking about a chrome delete or body color trim?

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
You mean electrochromic roof, right? Or are you talking about a chrome delete or body color trim?
Yes, the roof that was displayed on the prototype vehicles before launch. Not sure it is a this year thing but it is being tested in vehicles.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I hope they are testing the rumored burrito warming drawer that will replace the camp speaker.
Maple Syrup keeper in Canada