R1S - One of the tires spin slower than others

OP
OP

rivian2023sep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Rotate your tires - see if the “affected” bit is the location OR the tire/wheel combo.
This is the best way to validate it’s a motor/hub vs TPMS sensor issue.
Yup totally agreed with that, cant do it myself (rather dont want to do it myself), hopefully Rivian will do that when I take it to the service center later.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rivian2023sep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Someone asked for tire pics, these are what I have on hand right now. Will take some more with vertical lines so as to make the angle.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S - One of the tires spin slower than others Photo-2024-02-03-14-07-46_3729

Rivian R1T R1S R1S - One of the tires spin slower than others Photo-2024-02-03-14-07-27_3727

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

In my case there is a diff of about 6 to 8 PSI's and the all 3 motors run at exact same temp (2-3 degree variance) but the one in question in about 8 to 9 degree cooler.

Also look at your tire PSI reading, they are in sync. my left rear is lower all the time no matter its a 5 mile drive or 50.
I will take some pics later and post.
Are you measuring tire pressure with a gauge before and after or just looking at TPMS? Could be bad TPMS sensor. Don't mind temp difference of motors.

IRT your above pic, looks like driveway has a slant so bad place to compare. Either way, get balanced by Rivian if you're really concerned.

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S QM Adventure, UnderShield and 20" Darks
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

In my case there is a diff of about 6 to 8 PSI's and the all 3 motors run at exact same temp (2-3 degree variance) but the one in question in about 8 to 9 degree cooler.

Also look at your tire PSI reading, they are in sync. my left rear is lower all the time no matter its a 5 mile drive or 50.
I will take some pics later and post.
I’m confused… do you just have one tire with low pressure?

Are you using a separate gauge to fill your tires to the same pressure, but the TPMS is reporting different pressures on the display?

what is the actual issue?

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Someone asked for tire pics, these are what I have on hand right now. Will take some more with vertical lines so as to make the angle.

Photo-2024-02-03-14-07-46_3729.jpg

Photo-2024-02-03-14-07-27_3727.jpg
You’re showing camber differences… maybe. But really these images don’t tell us much at all.

OP
OP

rivian2023sep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Update: Rivian mobile came in yesterday and checked the truck. As I had suspected they said there is a negative camber that needs to be fixed which can be only done at the SC. He also did say it could be an issue with the motor disconnect or the TMPS itself and needs more diagnostics. So now a 3 hour drive to NY is in order.
Sponsored