First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
My status just changed to processing estimate. For my fellow nerds, estimatedDeliveryWindow in the item object representing my truck in the graphQL switched to null. It previously had a start of 01/01/2023 and end of 02/28/2023. I did get shop access (shoutout to the best guide ever), though I'm not sure if it's related or a coincidence. Either way, there's nothing in the shop remotely close to my config, unfortunately.
Any trucks in shop with powered tonneau?

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My guide said there’s a red one with powered tonneau in Texas.

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Any trucks in shop with powered tonneau?
in the PNW, there's just one: GW/OC/21"/RUS/powered tonneau + spare. Arguably one of the strangest configs I've ever seen.

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

My 8 steps opened up yesterday and vin# and guide were assigned few minutes after.
according to Guide, which I spoke to him today, the truck is in normal, will be delivered on Truck, not on rail, so it will be quicker to arrive to SC, add inspections time, if no issues I might be getting the RC truck before Christmas.. insurance told me the VIN# is for 2022 truck ..

Sponsored

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

My original window was Nov-Dec 2022, then after "the great realignment" at the end of Oct my window got pushed to Jan-Feb 2023. I was pretty bummed, because I was just 4 days away from my window opening then they kicked it down the road another two months.

Lo and behold... with a Jan-Feb 2023 delivery window I got a guide assigned this week, I got the "lock your config" and "Prepare for the Digital Purchase process" emails and just last night the "want to get your Rivian 6-8 weeks earlier?.. .confirm your delivery address" email.
So can I ask what you ordered? Is the quad still the one being built? It makes the truck so expensive. And for those of not driving off-road , a bit of overkill, right?

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

She said that it can be difficult to arrange for and if you can’t get to the factory within a certain window they unassign you from the truck and you have to start the process over again. She had it happen to one of her other people.
if you’re able to travel fairly spontaneously I don’t think it should be a problem. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to give me much of a timeline to requests days off work to try to make this happen.
When the time comes (if ever) we have thought of driving to Normal to pick up as we have lived there and have family nearby.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I enquired with my guide about factory delivery and was shut down pretty fast. She said it would cost me more in the way of some Indiana fees I’d have to pay and they aren’t booking anymore until next year. I may revisit it next year since it’s looking like I won’t be getting a truck this year.😔

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Jan-Feb 23 Est Delivery still no email yet.
I'm in the same boat. I'm starting to think that we're going to miss that mark...

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
So can I ask what you ordered? Is the quad still the one being built? It makes the truck so expensive. And for those of not driving off-road , a bit of overkill, right?
Well, right now the only R1T's being built are quad motor + large pack... so that's my config. I have "Adventure" vs. "launch Edition" package with OC interior, 20" AT's plus "manual Tonneau", full size spare, Cargo bars and all-weather mats. Exterior color Forrest green...

Last edited:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Tail end or later...
Yeah, said the same thing to my wife last night.... Jan/Feb window likely means end of Feb.

Oh well, not worth getting upset about at this point as I have a car to use during the wait.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Canyon Red R1T, 2022 Blue Model Y,
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
My guide said there’s a red one with powered tonneau in Texas.
Yeah I had a soft lock on this one I think. LE in Dallas with dark 22's right? Something is wrong with it, and they can't sell it. Got switched to a similar one in progress in Normal. I was reallllly hoping to get the Dallas one, its a few hours away from Austin.
Sponsored