R1T tailgate - sensor claims it’s open when shut

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Really frustrating to be having this same issue. Had the truck for two weeks. There is a mobile tech in my city but they're going to make me drive to Cincinnati (2.5 hours) to get it fixed.
I have been told there is a lot of one time use pieces that have to be removed is the reason for the SC visit.
Sponsored

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RE1T Adventure Porsche , Cayenne Se Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Bit of Follow up for everyone - Went thru the app to report the problem and they made an appointment for within 7 working days with the local service centre . They replaced the passenger side latch which fixed the problem . The service appointment was less than an hour so I would give the experience very high marks . They were fully aware of the issue and have replaced many latches . The problem seems to be more common locally than in other Rivian service centres which they attribute to our very rainy winter weather in the Pacific Northwest . The tech also told me that this repair is also available on a home visit basis . So in closing all three issues were solved -the tailgate open annunciation , the proximity sensor nonfunctional till driving at speed and the inability to open the tailgate with the rear switch necessitating doing it from the cab .

valkyrie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2014 Land Rover LR4, 2018 Tesla 3
Occupation
Engineer
Happy to report that the mobile tech was able to replace both latches (even though the issue was only on the driver's side), and no more issues! Took forever to get the work scheduled but very happy with the outcome!
Sponsored