Sponsored

R1T's shipping with Powered Tonneau Covers?

ECStealthR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm about 300 after that! Thanks for the tip!
I think you should be good to go then and have it come installed. I believe mid-march to ending of march production was when they started bringing them installed. Again, the one I saw was Vin # 34270 and it was a 03/26 build and brought it. Being that you are 300 after that would make me hopeful. Best of luck and please report back.
Sponsored

ECStealthR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just picked my 24 up yesterday, it came with the powered cover. The delivery person said it was the first one he’d seen in a long time (Chelsea, MA). Works great!
Trying to narrow this down. How far up or down are you from the last 5 of your VIN # being 34270 as the one I saw at my local SC came with it installed and had the last 5 of it’s VIN # 34270.

OP
OP

f1racer328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - Land Rover LR4
Occupation
Tube Driver
So I picked up my R1T last week and it did come with the powered tonneau cover. Has been flawless so far. Vin 339XX

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Please keep us posted on the tonneau cover performance.

Brian

halfdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So I picked up my R1T last week and it did come with the powered tonneau cover. Has been flawless so far. Vin 339XX
I’m 337xx, so hopefully I would get it when picking up this weekend!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tarponman85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Real estate investor.
Clubs

Picked mine up on 3/27. Still no word on when I’ll get my cover. I’ll probably text my guide tomorrow for an update if any.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Wouldn't the VIN # (last 5 digits) be different based on configuration??

betak

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, R1T Quad, R2 reserved
Picked mine up on 3/27. Still no word on when I’ll get my cover. I’ll probably text my guide tomorrow for an update if any.
Picked up mine yesterday. SC said they were filling backorders based on VIN and gave me about a month timeframe. I have a MY23 so maybe I’ll be lucky but I’m doubtful. Started looking for alternatives since I have an upcoming roadtrip.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
last 5 digits is the sequence number, it does not matter of the config.
Interesting....ordered mine last week and the VIN is 31***, so when I see folks talking about 34*** makes me wonder if the car was an early 24 build and just sat there forever..... 🤔

Edit: My R1T supposedly "comes with the power tonneau cover"

Last edited:

Sponsored

JonBoyR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
I have a 2023 25k VIN R1T and no power tonneau cover. They will schedule with me post sale.

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Anyone know if the R1Ts that are optioned with the powered tonneau covers are being delivered with the new design, or are they needing to get retrofitted? Taking delivery in 2 weeks, so I'm just wondering what to expect.
Picked my R1T up with NO COVER installed. They ended up installing it 3 weeks later.

maxvdh

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Engineer
I think you should be good to go then and have it come installed. I believe mid-march to ending of march production was when they started bringing them installed. Again, the one I saw was Vin # 34270 and it was a 03/26 build and brought it. Being that you are 300 after that would make me hopeful. Best of luck and please report back.
It turned out that my 345xx VIN was damaged in transit so I have a replacement coming but they confirmed that it DID NOT have the PTC installed. The replacement is a 330xx VIN so we'll see.

OP
OP

f1racer328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - Land Rover LR4
Occupation
Tube Driver
It turned out that my 345xx VIN was damaged in transit so I have a replacement coming but they confirmed that it DID NOT have the PTC installed. The replacement is a 330xx VIN so we'll see.
Lucky they’re replacing it. Makes you wonder what happened.

My truck picked up a dent on the rear fender with some failed PDR during some point so it’s going to a body shop later this month.

maxvdh

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Engineer
Lucky they’re replacing it. Makes you wonder what happened.

My truck picked up a dent on the rear fender with some failed PDR during some point so it’s going to a body shop later this month.
Yeah, they explained exactly what happened (load shift on rail transit) but I'm grateful that I didn't have to argue to get myself a replacement.

Sorry to hear of your trouble!
Sponsored