domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I sure hope it's a lot lighter than the R1. I'd love a 200 mile range LiFePO4 battery. Tire dust is a big source of pollution from EVs.

Last edited:

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Time to crank up the production lines and get the R2 production up to volume!

Oh...wait...factory needed first. Time to crank up the factory! $RIVN
They will be showing the concept. Long ways to go on development, manufacturing engineering, supplier negotiations/logistics, prototype assembly & testing, preproduction validation, final release candidates and govt certifications. R1 was shown Nov. 2018. Delivers stated in Oct/Nov 2021.

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
Not sure why manufacturers put a price on a vehicle so far out. They should put a price of TBD so as when they come into production at a lot more expensive price tag they donā€™t get a black eye for not delivering on price.

gultin

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Those rear accessory ports and tool-less bike mounts sound intriguing. Curious if that system would be exclusive to R2, or somehow be added to future R1. Excited to see these specs for sure. The only bad part about these specs is "Coming 2026". Hopefully they don't have to pull another "March 1st pricing" to make it happen though ;).

Last edited:

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Not sure why manufacturers put a price on a vehicle so far out. They should put a price of TBD so as when they come into production at a lot more expensive price tag they donā€™t get a black eye for not delivering on price.
Remember you are reacting to leaked basic stats. What you donā€™t see is the same long standing disclaimer that all prices shown are estimates only and subject to change. If they donā€™t put out a figure, people might not know they can afford it and sit on the fence. Hope is a powerful thing. We here should know this well by now.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
They will be showing the concept. Long ways to go on development, manufacturing engineering, supplier negotiations/logistics, prototype assembly & testing, preproduction validation, final release candidates and govt certifications. R1 was shown Nov. 2018. Delivers stated in Oct/Nov 2021.
No ... It is FAR more than just a concept at this point. I won't try to convince anyone again, but just wait and see. There's a huge commonality in parts with the R1 and they already have a lot of the long-term contracts in place.

fdon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Plaid S, Model X, R1S PDMM
Occupation
SE
Clubs

I'm going to reserve 2 or 3 just because. I just took delivery of my R1S, but truly want to see this company around for years to come. Already converted a lot of friends and family to EVs now to get them to see why Rivian is attractive.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
No ... It is FAR more than just a concept at this point. I won't try to convince anyone again, but just wait and see. There's a huge commonality in parts with the R1 and they already have a lot of the long-term contracts in place.
True it wonā€™t take as long as R1, but it will still take some time. There isnā€™t a single building up in GA yet, is there? If they were to add production at Normal, it would still take time to acquire and set up tooling for R2 specific parts; like the big Komatsu presses that stamp out the body and chassis parts. I donā€™t even want to guess how much they are; canā€™t count that high. When did they start taking about R2? Early to mid ā€˜22? So 4-year gestation instead of R1ā€™s 5 or 6 is still reasonable and on track to ā€˜26 launch. With lithium prices as low as they are now, I wonder if deals are made to lock in battery prices and supply.

Sponsored

zonehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
200 Series Land Cruiser, R1T Adventure FG (Sold)
It looks like it's coming right for the 4Runner specs, especially if it has the roll down rear window. If it qualifies for the full federal tax credit, it'd be cheaper than a base 2wd starting 4Runner.
Rivian R24Runner
- Starting price $47,500
- Range up to 330 miles
- 0 to 60 in 3 seconds
- Seats 5
- Length 185.6 in
- Width 75 in
- Width with Mirrors 84.4 in
- Height 66.9 in
- Max Ground Clearance 9.8 in
- Wheelbase 115.6 in
- Wheel and Tire Diameter 32
- Approach Angle 25Ā°
- Departure Angle 27Ā°
- Starting price $40,705 (2wd)
- Range 4wd ~391 miles (400+ for 2wd)
- 0 to 60 in 7.2 seconds
- Seats 5
- Length 190.2 in
- Width 75.8 in
- Width with Mirrors 88 in (according to google?)
- Height 71.5in
- Max Ground Clearance 9.6 in (TRD Pro)
- Wheelbase 109.8 in
- Wheel and Tire Diameter 32
- Approach Angle 30Ā°
- Departure Angle 26Ā°

Last edited:

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Happy to see the specs but feel kinda bad they leaked. I want Rivian to get all the momentum out of the event they can.

It is such an impossible job to keep a kid on this stuff I bet

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Happy to see the specs but feel kinda bad they leaked. I want Rivian to get all the momentum out of the event they can.

It is such an impossible job to keep a kid on this stuff I bet
Personally, I think this ā€œleakā€ helps build up the hype. Only 3 days away. šŸ˜…

PDACPA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche
This is following along what Tesla did with Model 3. High end vehicles hit the market first and build interest and desire for the high priced vehicle. Iron out the issues on the higher end versions and then create the affordable R2 that will be more mass market. Be great to see it sell like crazy and all over the road like the M3.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Is 9.8ā€ ground clearance enough for off-road credentials a Rivian is supposed to have? Iā€™m sure itā€™ll still be quite capable, but I think over 10ā€ would be better. I think a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk trim has 10.8ā€?
It's about an inch more than a Forester. Plenty of people in the target audience of an R2 get alone with that.
Sponsored