domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I know a lot of you like the R3 and thats great. The first thing I thought of was the Dodge Omni. A girl I went to high school with drove one. "Hot but loose" is the term Iā€™m thinking for absolutely no particular reasonā€¦..No reason at allā€¦.
You mean hot AND loose?
Sponsored

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The R3 reveal...damn, nice surprise. It's almost impossible for car makers to keep even small updates on existing cars under wraps, let alone the existence of a whole new car. Bravo!

That R3 is giving me strong 1st and 2nd gen GTI vibes in the greatest way. They will sell a ton of these. The lift back rear glass is a fantastic touch that allows users to maximize the interior space. I'm also glad to hear that it will be offered with a tri-motor, giving us performance minded shoppers a nod and thus, showing that this isn't simply a value play, but rather, a fully baked vehicle that can stand on its own.
Love it, take my money.
Reminds me of 80's hatchbacks with wheels that are 3 sizes too big
Modern versions with the perfect wheel size. .
Missed cash infusion opportunity, at a minimum. Many would have plunked down $100 on a TBD R3/R3X..
Make it worth the commitment make it $1000 to get these units rolling.

WHTEVO

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Why not make the R3X with the quad motors they currently have available and use if this is their more performance oriented version. IMO, they should also offer this configuration on the R2's as well. Some of us would surely pay for the performance it'd be capable of. I like both of them either way.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Why not make the R3X with the quad motors they currently have available and use if this is their more performance oriented version. IMO, they should also offer this configuration on the R2's as well. Some of us would surely pay for the performance it'd be capable of. I like both of them either way.
3 Enduro = ~900 hp
4 Bosch = 835 hp

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Uhhā€¦ most people donā€™t even want the quad version of the R1S.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Uhhā€¦ most people donā€™t even want the quad version of the R1S.
The QM and highest performing version of most vehicles aren't the "most people" versions. They are the high margin variants meant for those who value the added performance/luxury, etc... and will pay a premium for it. Think GT3 911....Z06 Corvette...Raptor F150....Etc... all models "most people" don't end up purchasing....but highly profitable for the manufacturers.

stucker43

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra TRD pro 2023, Tesla model X 2023
Occupation
Medical
R3 looks like a Ford fiesta or Honda civic or even a VW golf from the 80s ... not that good looking in my opinion but for each his own view I don't see it as high margin vehicle and tax credits will probably expire soon when legacy automakers get their hands in Congress pockets next year. I think Rivian should produce R1S without a third row and decrease cost to consumer by 5K. The R3 adds nothing to the Rivian lineup probably just be a bumpy loud small crossover about like the corolla cross. Someone has to post something contrary on the forum. Companies should focus on driving range (> 450 miles) and ability to charge to 100 % daily. There are times when there may be a family emergency that you need to jump in the car and go 200+ miles and if you are only charged to 50- 75% and there are not available superchargers everywhere. I have had EV's for a while now and love driving them but the focus should equally be on improving the infrastructure without the federal government helping. I know opening up the Tesla NACS helps but there are not enough opening to non Tesla EV's. there are plenty waiting at TESLA superchargers without opening to non Tesla. there should be 3-4 X the number of chargers available at this time in the rollout of EV but companies are focused on the vehicle looks etc instead of the basic function of how to make them go

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

3 Enduro = ~900 hp
4 Bosch = 835 hp
I thought I'd seen somewhere that they were getting up to 330 hp out of the Enduro, so it would be closer to 1000hp

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
This is perhaps the biggest reveal EVER

Rivian R3 (1).jpg

R3-Hero-1 (1).jpg

GIFnZufbwAA-hDt-scaled.jpeg

12_Rivian_R3-scaled.jpg

06_Rivian_R3-scaled.jpg

09_Rivian_R3-scaled.jpg

R3_dash-scaled.jpg

R3_glovebox-scaled.jpg

R3_steeringwheel-scaled.jpg

R3_backhvac-scaled.jpg

R3_centerconsole-scaled.jpg

R3_backseat-scaled.jpg

R3_interior-scaled.jpg
If I didnā€™t love my R1T Quad so much , Iā€™d definitely reserve an R2 or R3x, weā€™re already a 2 EV house hold, a ā€˜24 dual motor R1S as our second road tripper and trailer hauler..šŸ˜

Sponsored