Sponsored

Radio stayed on and drained the battery. Why?

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Not exactly the same I don’t think. Vampire drain is when everything is off, and you’re losing a tiny bit of juice each day. In my case, it was the seatbelt being fastened, and I lost almost 20% in one day. Different, and vastly worse.
Some are laser-focused on their list of hot-button issues and it's all they can think of when complaints/questions arise.
Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Not exactly the same I don’t think. Vampire drain is when everything is off, and you’re losing a tiny bit of juice each day. In my case, it was the seatbelt being fastened, and I lost almost 20% in one day. Different, and vastly worse.
Out of genuine curiosity, why does one latch the seat belt with nobody in the seat?

OP
OP

Lawrence-of-Blaine

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs

Out of genuine curiosity, why does one latch the seat belt with nobody in the seat?
I was hauling stuff in the vehicle, including the passenger seat, and I didn’t want it dinging or beeping at me til kingdom come. And I knew since I’d only had the car for three days, that if it did that it would take me a week to figure out how to shut the damn thing off.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I was hauling stuff in the vehicle, including the passenger seat, and I didn’t want it dinging or beeping at me til kingdom come. And I knew since I’d only had the car for three days, that if it did that it would take me a week to figure out how to shut the damn thing off.
Ok. Must have been heavier stuff. When I have things in the seat, don't remember any issues with the car thinking a person is there, but I don't usually put anything there except groceries. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored