johnstuder

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone else have rain build up inside the door seals? We've had heavy rain a few times in the last week, and in the morning, when I open the drivers side door, a substantial amount of water flow out on opening. Doesn't seem like its inside the truck, floor mats are still dry on that side. it just seems like the bottom door seal is not letting water drain that is flowing from above.
Sponsored

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Haven't had much rain in sometime, but I had my truck at the SC ("The squeaky suspension/axel sound"), they washed it when done. No noticeable water when opening the door, but when I went to drive away to check the fix for the sound, did a start/stop at low speed and it sounded like a half empty water bottle was on both sides of the doors. Took about a day for it to eventually drain away, or at least I can't hear the sloshing sound anymore....

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
Haven't had much rain in sometime, but I had my truck at the SC ("The squeaky suspension/axel sound"), they washed it when done. No noticeable water when opening the door, but when I went to drive away to check the fix for the sound, did a start/stop at low speed and it sounded like a half empty water bottle was on both sides of the doors. Took about a day for it to eventually drain away, or at least I can't hear the sloshing sound anymore....
I experienced this as well. Came out to my truck after a 30 minute heavy rain and while leaving the parking lot, I could hear water running/sloshing somewhere through the truck, especially as I turned.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I had this happen recently when the truck was sitting at the airport. It rained while we were away and when I opened the drivers door water trickled out the bottom for about a minute. Inside was dry and none of the other doors did this.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

this doesnt sound good. seems like corrosion waiting to happen.

did any of you ask the SC about this?

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

When i get back from my trip I'm going to contact them about my driver's side rear door, it behaves similar. It is also difficult to shut.

Rain does make it past my weather stripping but not enough to make it onto the floor.

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
Happened to me today on the front passenger door. Had heavy rain this afternoon and when I got home and opened the passenger door, water poured out on the garage floor. I didn’t notice any sloshing sound while driving home and unsure if the water was pooled there all afternoon or if it happened while driving.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

this doesnt sound good. seems like corrosion waiting to happen.

did any of you ask the SC about this?
I put in a ticket. They want to see it at the SC next week instead of doing a mobile service- not sure why.