Salesforce Developer
Midwest seems to be under a dome
Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
So, I charged at the Newburgh NY location. TLDR: When they get the quirks worked out it will be amazing.

Separately, I have AT 20 (snow tires right now), and was tracking in conserve - 129 kw in I am at 318.5 miles, admittedly in pretty ideal weather, but that included going from about sea level, up to 2,500 feet, and back down. I believe the large pack from my Launch Edition has between 130 and 131 kw usable. EPA rated 270 miles (haha). I love the under promise, over deliver.

DETAIL

My experience: Wasted 20-30 minutes going through resets and changing my payment information. Then the tech got Rivian to do some kind of reset on the charger end. Then, there was amazement, plugged in around 40% state of charge immediately charged at 203k (520 miles per hour), held to 180, and as this was just a test (I did not need the range), I stopped in 7 minutes, at 23.9 plus kw, so like 45-50 miles in 6 minutes! Pretty sweet.

For anyone using the charger, 1A and 1B could not be 'seen' by Rivian (the first two I tried), so I would avoid those two. I switched to 2B, they finally reset it on their end, and boom, easy charge. Before that they made me:

1. Change payment method in app
2. Reset car
3. Reset my display.

I expect steps 1-3 were irrelevant. You have to get your service tech to tell them to check on the backend if you have an issue, which causes them to send some kind of reset.

The one major disappointing part is that I almost never have failures charging, including EA and Tesla magic dock. Oh well. It has only been live for two days.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Per the app, Holyoke, MA is now open. Nine stalls. New England is coming together!

IMG_8253.jpeg
THANK YOU FOR POSTING. I have a late April trip to Stowe. This will be my charge stop.

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Per the app, Holyoke, MA is now open. Nine stalls. New England is coming together!

IMG_8253.jpeg
Not on their website yet, so there's clearly still a lag between app and website.

Random comment(s) about the website map: They really need to enable filters. They added all of the Tesla superchargers that are usable with an adapter or Magic Dock, and it's cluttered the map if you just want to see the RAN sites. Also getting more and more cluttered with Waypoint sites. Oh, and the Waypoint part of the map is woefully inaccurate. There are a ton of Waypoint chargers that aren't on there.

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
So, I charged at the Newburgh NY location. TLDR: When they get the quirks worked out it will be amazing.

Separately, I have AT 20 (snow tires right now), and was tracking in conserve - 129 kw in I am at 318.5 miles, admittedly in pretty ideal weather, but that included going from about sea level, up to 2,500 feet, and back down. I believe the large pack from my Launch Edition has between 130 and 131 kw usable. EPA rated 270 miles (haha). I love the under promise, over deliver.

DETAIL

My experience: Wasted 20-30 minutes going through resets and changing my payment information. Then the tech got Rivian to do some kind of reset on the charger end. Then, there was amazement, plugged in around 40% state of charge immediately charged at 203k (520 miles per hour), held to 180, and as this was just a test (I did not need the range), I stopped in 7 minutes, at 23.9 plus kw, so like 45-50 miles in 6 minutes! Pretty sweet.

For anyone using the charger, 1A and 1B could not be 'seen' by Rivian (the first two I tried), so I would avoid those two. I switched to 2B, they finally reset it on their end, and boom, easy charge. Before that they made me:

1. Change payment method in app
2. Reset car
3. Reset my display.

I expect steps 1-3 were irrelevant. You have to get your service tech to tell them to check on the backend if you have an issue, which causes them to send some kind of reset.

The one major disappointing part is that I almost never have failures charging, including EA and Tesla magic dock. Oh well. It has only been live for two days.
Not my experience at all. I've used the R chargers on numerous occasions (Boone, Charlotte, Greenville, Whittier) and it has always been the closest Tesla plug-and-play experience that a non-Tesla can have. (I drive a model Y on my biz trips.) Must have been because it is a new station getting up to speed.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Not my experience at all. I've used the R chargers on numerous occasions (Boone, Charlotte, Greenville, Whittier) and it has always been the closest Tesla plug-and-play experience that a non-Tesla can have. (I drive a model Y on my biz trips.) Must have been because it is a new station getting up to speed.
Agree with this (and tried to say that). It seems like at least at this point there was a comm issue on 1a and 1b.

I am a huge rivian fan, own beaten down stock and have an r2 res.

if you gave me a choice of any vehicle in the world (that I know of) to own it is the R1s. Been to the mountains and driving on the beach in the same week, 250 miles apart. How many other vehicles can do that on electric for 7? None.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Not on their website yet, so there's clearly still a lag between app and website.

Random comment(s) about the website map: They really need to enable filters. They added all of the Tesla superchargers that are usable with an adapter or Magic Dock, and it's cluttered the map if you just want to see the RAN sites. Also getting more and more cluttered with Waypoint sites. Oh, and the Waypoint part of the map is woefully inaccurate. There are a ton of Waypoint chargers that aren't on there.
FWIW I don't think Magic Dock stations are included, at least the one in Moab isn't.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
FWIW I don't think Magic Dock stations are included, at least the one in Moab isn't.
Weird. They should be including those, but you're right that it looks like they're currently just pulling the "NACS" Tesla chargers rather than both those and the "available to other EVs" ones as well. They are at least in the Rivian app and in vehicle nav, which is what matters the most anyway.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Weird. They should be including those, but you're right that it looks like they're currently just pulling the "NACS" Tesla chargers rather than both those and the "available to other EVs" ones as well. They are at least in the Rivian app and in vehicle nav, which is what matters the most anyway.
Yeah I noticed it yesterday and had the same thought.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I kinda wish Rivian would send out a monthly email with the new stations they have added, and are active.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I kinda wish Rivian would send out a monthly email with the new stations they have added, and are active.
That's a good idea but right now they probably don't want to because there are some months when they don't open up any. You can also check fastcharger.info and filter on RAN to see new ones that are under construction and open ones.
Sponsored