Sponsored

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

Good point. At least there is one in Onamia which is kind of close to Baxter/Brainerd. Going NW of Duluth there is pretty much nothing but a few ZEF 50 kW chargers which are usually broken.
Many of the state parks up there have L2 chargers you can plug into for free while you're out and about. I've yet to have one broken and I've also yet to not find an open one up there. Last time I went all 3 chargers had Rivians (mine was one of them) plugged in lol.
Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Many of the state parks up there have L2 chargers you can plug into for free while you're out and about. I've yet to have one broken and I've also yet to not find an open one up there. Last time I went all 3 chargers had Rivians (mine was one of them) plugged in lol.
Yeah there are a few and if you are visiting state parks then it's ideal. I do wish more lake cabin resorts install L2 chargers. Seems like an easy way to make some money from people charging while they are spending a week at in a cabin.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

Yeah there are a few and if you are visiting state parks then it's ideal. I do wish more lake cabin resorts install L2 chargers. Seems like an easy way to make some money from people charging while they are spending a week at in a cabin.
I think this is getting more and more common, even at the resorts up there.

WorldComposting

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.worldcomposting.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

They've been trying/planning/working toward putting a bridge across the sound. It would go in near the Food Lion in Corolla.

https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/mid-currituck-bridge/Pages/default.aspx
Oh wow that would remove a lot of traffic and save a lot of time especially for those going to Corolla it would save 1-3 hours depending on traffic and 50 miles of driving!

I just booked a place in West Virginia and you can filter on EV chargers. Of course I'm always worried if the charger will work because it can really be an issue if it doesn't work.

Sponsored

Chewie904

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Jeep Rubicon 4XE, Jeep TJ, Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
Occupation
teacher

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Per the Rivian map, the Newburg, NY RAN charger is open!!

1710351597655-un.png
Great job! 11730 - Long Island - me too.

I am going to try to hit up the Newburgh site this weekend.

Customer service said it is .36 per kw (which is cheap) and only open to Rivians.

No details on Holyoke Mass or Brattleboro VT - I have been calling and asking about these few occasionally. Sounds like they only tell customer service when it is open.

Customer service says the address is 1223 NY-300 Newburgh NY (immediately by a few fast food places open with decent hours and accross street from home depot and a few min walk to walmart).

Tdreamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
IT
Great job! 11730 - Long Island - me too.

I am going to try to hit up the Newburgh site this weekend.

Customer service said it is .36 per kw (which is cheap) and only open to Rivians.

No details on Holyoke Mass or Brattleboro VT - I have been calling and asking about these few occasionally. Sounds like they only tell customer service when it is open.

Customer service says the address is 1223 NY-300 Newburgh NY (immediately by a few fast food places open with decent hours and accross street from home depot and a few min walk to walmart).
Brattleboro Vermont is under construction - ideally it would be great for someone in the area to swing by and provide a first hand update. I think one or two others in the New England area are or will likely be under construction in the weeks ahead.

I have no information on the status of Holyoke, MA. I was going to swing by a month or so ago when I was in the area but it had been a long day driving on track at Lime Rock Park and skipped it.

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
East Lebanon NH has been complete for a few weeks now, just waiting to be turned on. Supposedly end of March.
Thank you so much as that is a great spot. That could just be a final inspection issue(?)

I will try to go through Brattleboro but that will partly depend on what chargers are open and report back.

I will do a short test charge at newburg ny in the next few days.
You folks who contribute to this are so helpful.

Lars24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

Thank you so much as that is a great spot. That could just be a final inspection issue(?)
No, West Lebanon still needs a transformer (at least, as of a few days ago when I drove by last).