First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Product Design, Unity
Does anyone have news (or ability to check :p ) on the Olanche, CA location? Looks like it's been in-progress for a while, it's kinda the key to my hopeful Death Valley visit! Otherwise ... not sure how we could safely make it in, camp, back out.

Thanks!
Sponsored

TeamEV

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T (one day)
First new updates in a while:

Strongsville, Ohio has been located. 6 dispensers are planned at the O'Charley's on Pearl Road, about a hundred meters from the Tesla chargers at Sheetz.

Turns out Dateland is not the site being reflected on Rivian's main map, it is in fact Gila Bend. After a tiny bit of searching I came across this Reddit post from about a year ago:

Also had a look on the street view at that address and it is clearly under construction with 6 stalls, incl. 1 pull-in.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1678471237882

Last bit of news, which hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet is about a new site is St. Regis, Montana. More details here:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/ran-and-tesla-coming-to-st-regis-montana.13022/

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Drove past SA site. Still nothing going on there. Feels like it’s waiting on Rivian.

Has a transformer and 1 cabinet installed. Building project website says completed.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I think they are trying to put them in places where they are needed. There are so many places to charge in LA/Orange county already it is probably a low priority. They did put one in Barstow which is a key location leaving the LA basin on I15 and I40.
That doesn't really explain the love for Michigan. Plugshare map for Michigan is much thicker with >50Kw options than WI, MN, etc.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That doesn't really explain the love for Michigan. Plugshare map for Michigan is much thicker with >50Kw options than WI, MN, etc.
More Rivian vehicles in Michigan. A lot of the newer DC charging stuff is because of EGLE funding them. Not sure if there are similar grants happening in WI or MN.

Sponsored

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So 18 months of "construction" in Grand Junction and still no RAN? Anybody know anything?
Would love to know about Grand Junction as well.

Broomfield (Flatirons Mall) is still MIA with no chargers and just the fittings sitting there…

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Does anyone have news (or ability to check :p ) on the Olanche, CA location? Looks like it's been in-progress for a while, it's kinda the key to my hopeful Death Valley visit! Otherwise ... not sure how we could safely make it in, camp, back out.

Thanks!
Only one way to find out

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I went by the Quartzsite RAN yesterday and there is no change in construction... not sure what the snag is.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

I went by the Quartzsite RAN yesterday and there is no change in construction... not sure what the snag is.

Probably same as SA. Just missing ran hardware

Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I stopped by the Phoenix Biltmore construction site today and it looks like they set the cabinet. No dispensers and no transformer yet.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Blowing Rock, NC is still not officially open. That's been weeks now since a couple of people were able to charge before the site was shut back down!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Would love to know about Grand Junction as well.

Broomfield (Flatirons Mall) is still MIA with no chargers and just the fittings sitting there…
Still would love an update on Grand Junction if anyone has one...

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
Blowing Rock, NC is still not officially open. That's been weeks now since a couple of people were able to charge before the site was shut back down!
I stopped by Blowing Rock earlier today just to see. Technicians were on site when I arrived. Super nice guys who have installed stations for both Rivian and Tesla across the country. Per their request, I stopped in after lunch to see if the stations were working. No such luck. They felt it was a software issue. hopefully Sooooooon. They had a lots of questions about the truck, snapped a pic of my truck in front of the charger.

I asked about other stations is the area. They said the hardware was delivered to Meadows of Dan, VA about 2 weeks ago. No replies when I asked about the Charlotte REI location.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I stopped by Blowing Rock earlier today just to see. Technicians were on site when I arrived. Super nice guys who have installed stations for both Rivian and Tesla across the country. Per their request, I stopped in after lunch to see if the stations were working. No such luck. They felt it was a software issue. hopefully Sooooooon. They had a lots of questions about the truck, snapped a pic of my truck in front of the charger.

I asked about other stations is the area. They said the hardware was delivered to Meadows of Dan, VA about 2 weeks ago. No replies when I asked about the Charlotte REI location.
Thanks for the update!

If you run into them again by chance, ask if they know where the station will be in Cherokee. That one is on the "soon" list but we have no idea where it's going.
Sponsored