Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Medical Device Sales
Clubs

For those of you that have these now, do you feel the extruded holes are sharp at all? Not worried about normal shoes, but curious if you think they'd puncture a foam based flip-flop.
I was actually worried there wouldn’t be enough grip and was ready to paint on some bed liner on to supplement grip. Not needed, the extruded holes are great! My Hey Dudes have no problem with them with their rubber soles.
Sponsored

NorthVan57

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 nissan leaf, on wait list for R1S
Occupation
dentist
Clubs

I just ordered mine for my R1S! Looking forward to getting them installed, but will have someone do it for me, I don’t have the tools and don’t plan on doing this kind of work in the future. Anyone know good installer in Vancouver, Canada area!? North vancouver precisely, thanks!

OP
OP
RealWheelsEV

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
I just ordered mine for my R1S! Looking forward to getting them installed, but will have someone do it for me, I don’t have the tools and don’t plan on doing this kind of work in the future. Anyone know good installer in Vancouver, Canada area!? North vancouver precisely, thanks!
Thank you for the order! Here are a couple of places that could do the install for you in your area. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

North Shore Off-Road
179 Harbour Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7J 2E7
604-988-7677

West Coast Off-Roaders
104 Garden Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7P 3H2
604-770-1252

Sponsored

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Good product, but I wish someone would make the running boards with a middle point strong enough to jack the truck. I don't want to get rock sliders since they are way too heavy and I don't really offroad, but I want to be able to jack one side of the truck from the running board :)

Is it something that can be done? @RealWheelsEV

anthonysfl

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
[QUOTE="RealWheelsEV, post: 481887, member: 4954"

Love the white R1S rose gold. Kudos to you for turning the chrome character line into something that is a reflective of your creativity. A shame so many people just complain and complain and complain about it. Versus getting creative and doing accent color. I did mine and the wheels in 3M stainless steel

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_0142

OP
OP
RealWheelsEV

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good product, but I wish someone would make the running boards with a middle point strong enough to jack the truck. I don't want to get rock sliders since they are way too heavy and I don't really offroad, but I want to be able to jack one side of the truck from the running board :)

Is it something that can be done? @RealWheelsEV
While I believe our brackets are strong enough to handle jacking the truck up by them, I would not recommend trying it. Our running boards do however give clearance for the jack pucks. Using those allows you to lift the vehicle using the proper jacking points and ensures that you will not have any other damage. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

OP
OP
RealWheelsEV

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[QUOTE="RealWheelsEV, post: 481887, member: 4954"

Love the white R1S rose gold. Kudos to you for turning the chrome character line into something that is a reflective of your creativity. A shame so many people just complain and complain and complain about it. Versus getting creative and doing accent color. I did mine and the wheels in 3M stainless steel

IMG_0142.jpeg
Thanks for the compliment. She was dead set on having some rose gold on her R1S before she ever got it. You have a great looking S too!! Looks nice and clean matching the wheels with the trim.

Sponsored

anthonysfl

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks for the compliment. She was dead set on having some rose gold on her R1S before she ever got it. You have a great looking S too!! Looks nice and clean matching the wheels with the trim.
That’s great. The character line is there so might as well use it!
Thank you. I got sick of the black and wrapped it but kept the trim accents the same.

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_2919

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
While I believe our brackets are strong enough to handle jacking the truck up by them, I would not recommend trying it. Our running boards do however give clearance for the jack pucks. Using those allows you to lift the vehicle using the proper jacking points and ensures that you will not have any other damage. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
Thank you for replying back.

My point is not to use those jacking points since it takes a lot of time to pop out those plastic caps, then point adapter, etc. I want to be able just to approach the truck with my floor jack and lift it in 2 seconds. Also, I need to lift the whole side at once with one jack for tire rotation.

tony12345

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@BeanEW and @Cte515 - thanks for the info about the sharpness of the extruded holes. I've joined the club with these running boards. There is no sharpness at all. I hate that the other brands say "R1T" or have other branding on them. I think these are best looking steps available right now.

Pics of mine on my blue R1T with matte PPF.

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards PXL_20240430_203531126

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards PXL_20240429_235717556
Sponsored