Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Rivian: You had 5 greyscale options, and 4 colors. If you need to cancel a color, how about canceling one of those greys?

Is anyone going to be all that upset at only having 2 shades of grey to select from?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I'm just glad they didn't kill the red. I need it to still be around when I'm ready for my next R1T in a few years.
That's my only regret I have about Arty, I should have stayed with the RED instead of silver.

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
The random guy that signaled for me to roll down my window at a traffic light a few days ago summed up Compass Yellow / 20” darks the best ”your truck looks BAD ASS!”

RIP CY
Several women, (I don't know why it's mostly women) have come up to my cy to say that they really liked the color. That was, twice parked at a Home Depot and once at a Kroeger.

Now the official color is: Road Sign Yellow.

Sponsored

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Just reached out to my guide to see if she can get a number on how many Compass Yellow R1S's have been released into to the "Wild"... :cool:
Rivian R1T R1S Report: Rivian discontinuing Compass Yellow, Vegan Leather and 20" Bright AT wheels 20230814_152121

Last edited:

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Regarding vegan leather dashboard options ... Reddit has updated their megathread as follows:
NOTE: As information was coming out, we mistakingly shared that all vegan leather dashboard options were being discontinued.

I pushed the moderators to ask Tony for clarification. Stay tuned because I suspect that these options may be discontinued in the future, just not immediately (I hope).

Last edited:

Sponsored

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
According to Rivian Software:

BREAKING RIVIAN NEWS
- Rivian is discontinuing the Compass Yellow option for R1T and R1S
- Rivian is discontinuing the 20" All-terrain Bright wheel option
- Rivian is discontinuing the vegan leather interior option. Owners will only be able to get the version with wood.

Forgive my ignorance, but does the "loss" of vegan leather pertain only to the dash and not the seats. If both, do I need to buy my own upholstery or what?

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance, but does the "loss" of vegan leather pertain only to the dash and not the seats. If both, do I need to buy my own upholstery or what?

Just the dash. Seats are unchanged.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The new vegan leather will be made only from cows who have adhered strictly to the diet plan and not consumed any meat, dairy or animal products.

tsylviaNH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Epic EVO, Epic HT
Occupation
Residential Architecture
if it had a forrest edge interior it would be a true unicorn!
There was a point where that’s exactly what we had spec’d…but after seeing both the green and black interiors in person decided to switch to black.

Living just outside of the Stanford campus there’s already a lot of Rivian’s around and there’s probably only going to be more. I’m only aware of three other CYs locally, none with AT brights. I think red might be even rarer though…red looks so much better in person. That’d be my plan B if we ever need a replacement.

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
There was a point where that’s exactly what we had spec’d…but after seeing both the green and black interiors in person decided to switch to black.

Living just outside of the Stanford campus there’s already a lot of Rivian’s around and there’s probably only going to be more. I’m only aware of three other CYs locally, none with AT brights. I think red might be even rarer though…red looks so much better in person. That’d be my plan B if we ever need a replacement.
That's good. Three years ago, I started out with the red and forest edge but after looking at the order for a couple of months, I changed it to CY with forest edge. As it turns out in this lottery, I did finally end up with CY ocean coast and dark ash wood.
Sponsored