Sponsored

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
maybe someone used a flipper device to hack the canbus and force acceleration in the software.
Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Queue the driver blaming it on " Sudden unintended acceleration", even though they were probably mashing the accelerator thinking it was the break.
True story: I had that exact thing happen to me with a brand new Chevy Corsica back in the day. Sitting at a red light on El Camino Real in Sunnyvale. With the brake pedal fully depressed, the engine accelerated, then shot me across an intersection through a red light. I was lucky - I didn't hit a thing. I took it to the local Chevy dealership to have them check it out. The tech that took it for a test drive had the exact same thing happen while he was driving, except he wasn't so lucky. When the Corsica launched for him he ended up totalling my brand new Corsica. He was banged up a bit, but no serious injuries. Needless to say, I took the payout and never looked at Chevy again. Turns out it was the fault of a new computer chip.

Last edited:

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I was actually thinking this feels exactly like somebody not yet comfortable with OPD. He let off the gas to approach a red light using regen braking, realized he needed some brakes after all and went to lightly press the brake but instead hit the accelerator, panicked and pressed harder.
This is what i thought too but rewatch the video, they were already at a complete stop.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
We were doing so well with all the news outlets just mentioning that he crashed his truck. But this last post is making it clear it was a "Electric Rivian Truck".

Great fodder for the anti EV crowd :headbang:

Why couldn't he have been driving the the Cybertruck lol
Honestly this is probably good for Rivian. It looks like it happened from a complete stop so the driver drove like an idiot. The fact that it was owned by a recognizable Hollywood star is good for the Rivian brand. You're getting the truck in front of people who have never seen one before and giving it some press time.

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S QM Adventure, UnderShield and 20" Darks
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

all that mass and horsepower pushed the other vehicles out of the way like nothing… (intrusive thoughts creeping in as I sit in the elementary school carpool line…)

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Honestly this is probably good for Rivian. It looks like it happened from a complete stop so the driver drove like an idiot. The fact that it was owned by a recognizable Hollywood star is good for the Rivian brand. You're getting the truck in front of people who have never seen one before and giving it some press time.
Any press is good press, in this case. 😝

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

all that mass and horsepower pushed the other vehicles out of the way like nothing… (intrusive thoughts creeping in as I sit in the elementary school carpool line…)
Real 😇 😈 situation you've got there.

😈😈 Do it

Taichi

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Camaro, '79 Fiat 124, '94 YJ, '23 R1T
Occupation
Architect
Looks like he should've stayed in bed

Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Good thing he wasn't... He would have taken out 4 city blocks & killed 19 people.
It does look kinda like a spear on wheels

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Well, if you're gonna be a glass half full kinda guy /s

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Well, if you're gonna be a glass half full kinda guy /s
Okay, how exactly is it bad for Rivian or anyone else outside of the people affected directly? I'm sure Alan Ruck has enough insurance/ money to pay for this. No one died.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I like Allen Ruck. I’m glad that apparently everyone is ok. I really don’t want to pile on here, but sometimes I can’t help myself. Has everyone forgotten his role in Twister as the navigator? “Trust me. Rabbit is Good. Rabbit is wise.” Or his exchange with Bill Paxton (RIP) about what was on the other side of the brush… “a brick wall, a bearded lady, what?” And perhaps he’s still looking for Bob’s road.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian crashes into Hollywood restaurant [update: driven by Ferris Bueller's Day Off star Alan Ruck] 1698972121084

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian crashes into Hollywood restaurant [update: driven by Ferris Bueller's Day Off star Alan Ruck] 1699023977831
Sponsored