Sponsored

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Slightly related. I have the Arb TRED Pro boards. Rivian maxtrax mounts don’t fit, and the official Yakima/arb mounts don’t fit either. So instead I went DIY and use these on one side and these on the other. $56 enough to mount 2 x 2 boards can’t grumble :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
So my Rivian branded mounts came. They are a bit finicky to install but feel pretty solid.
I see what you mean by finicky, I just test fit on the R1S crossbars, and the main brackets do have to be slid around a little to line up. I need to source the MKII pins, in 17mm, all the local places have the longer 40mm. I guess I could cut them down, but risk messing up the thread. The 40mm would make contact with the brackets.

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Installed, some pics if it helps the next person. I got my 17mm MKII pins straight from Maxtrax (including overpriced shipping).

R1S using the front two crossbar mounting points.

Front
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Maxtrax mounts installed IMG_6955

Rear
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Maxtrax mounts installed IMG_6954

Result (must drive in Off-road mode with Maxtrax on, even if in mall parking lot). #MallCrawler
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Maxtrax mounts installed IMG_6973

I originally tried the "Olive Drab" thinking it might match the LG color, they don't. This fit my original set of MaxTrax and the two new MKII I added.

Last edited:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Little frustrated that they don't fit on the crossbars over the bed. My garage is pretty low, and having them up on the roof I banged one of the warning signs once and that made me nervous enough I just threw them in the gear tunnel and then install them out of the garage every time I want to use them. Minor irritation, but it's there. Hoping that won't be an issue for much longer due to changing garages :)

Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Oh the bed spacing is too far apart?

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Mine is 270 degrees. Covers over the tailgate and goes forward to cover the front door.
sorry to de-rail this thread, but your 270 awning came up in a search. What type of 270 do you have? Any pics of it deployed? Recommend it with R1T?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

sorry to de-rail this thread, but your 270 awning came up in a search. What type of 270 do you have? Any pics of it deployed? Recommend it with R1T?

Thanks!
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/overland-systems-270-degree-awning-installed.5610/
It's an overland vehicle systems awning. Been working great but I'm probably changing around how I've got it mounted for next season. One of the cargo rack rails wouldn't unlatch from the truck when I was taking everything off at the end of last season.

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Little frustrated that they don't fit on the crossbars over the bed. My garage is pretty low, and having them up on the roof I banged one of the warning signs once and that made me nervous enough I just threw them in the gear tunnel and then install them out of the garage every time I want to use them. Minor irritation, but it's there. Hoping that won't be an issue for much longer due to changing garages :)
Inkedsphynx, I installed the mounts on my crossbars over the bed no problem. What do you mean they won't fit?

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Inkedsphynx, I installed the mounts on my crossbars over the bed no problem. What do you mean they won't fit?
Didn't seem to matter which way I mounted the mounting plates, the boards were either too long or too short for the distance between the crossbars on the bed. Over the roof they worked fine.

Pretty sure I didn't do it wrong since I tried every configuration I could think of to get them to fit on the bed-mounted crossbars. Maybe I'll have to go try again, I haven't since I made that post above. Lately have been keeping my traction boards in the gear tunnel. Ultimately it won't matter since I'll be putting an RTT over the bed hopefully this spring, so I won't have that location to mount traction boards.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Didn't seem to matter which way I mounted the mounting plates, the boards were either too long or too short for the distance between the crossbars on the bed. Over the roof they worked fine.

Pretty sure I didn't do it wrong since I tried every configuration I could think of to get them to fit on the bed-mounted crossbars. Maybe I'll have to go try again, I haven't since I made that post above. Lately have been keeping my traction boards in the gear tunnel. Ultimately it won't matter since I'll be putting an RTT over the bed hopefully this spring, so I won't have that location to mount traction boards.
Mine fit fine over the bed too, but I don't keep them there when the tent is on the truck.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Weird. Must be user error then. My bad - I retract my previous statement about them not fitting.

I'll give it a shot again sometime this weekend. Maybe I got something wrong or my parts have an issue. Thanks guys!

daad2000

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Has anyone found a solution to make the MK2 fit without buying new pins? Any tips to get the pins tightened? You can’t screw the nut and I would have to really over tighten them to fit.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Has anyone found a solution to make the MK2 fit without buying new pins? Any tips to get the pins tightened? You can’t screw the nut and I would have to really over tighten them to fit.
So I've never actually noticed mine making noise at all. They are a touch loose but don't seem to try to float or hit each other or anything.
Sponsored