Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Rivian, want to boost R1T sales? Offer a 270 mile Standard pack Dual Motor Explore trim for $67k.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JPGrenier

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Genesis gv60
Occupation
Self employed
Maybe they should consider the number of people who research on the internet and see all the horror stories of service?

I have to believe it is affecting sales.
I see 10 service praises for each service disappointment… Better than my experience anywhere else.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I see 10 service praises for each service disappointment… Better than my experience anywhere else.
That is awesome! I keep figuring they are getting better at many locations. Where have your service visits all been? And what was the issue being addressed?

My concern is some people are still reporting some locations bringing vehicles into their possession weeks prior to touching their trucks. And then some still reporting earliest dates in March.

I have seen some posts about dents and interior damage to customers trucks during service. That shouldn't even happen.

gingerjet

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Those who mostly charge at superchargers are mostly urban renters and folks who happen to have it nearby and the occasional “Free Supercharging” unicorn in a Model S out to save pennies as a hobby. It is way more expensive that home electricity costs and a hassle relative to plugging overnight. Also urban superchargers are either sluggish 72kW, and the others that are 150..250 kW are not great for battery life if used exclusively for most chemistries.
Most people who charge exclusively at superchargers are uber/lyft drivers.

Sponsored

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
Clubs

Very very few Tesla owners who also own a place with a garage / car port where they can pay for their own charger installation (target audience for this) , charge exclusively at superchargers.

Those who mostly charge at superchargers are mostly urban renters and folks who happen to have it nearby and the occasional “Free Supercharging” unicorn in a Model S out to save pennies as a hobby. It is way more expensive that home electricity costs and a hassle relative to plugging overnight. Also urban superchargers are either sluggish 72kW, and the others that are 150..250 kW are not great for battery life if used exclusively for most chemistries.
Saw this report recently and was surprised. Seems like active cooling and BMS are working as projected.
https://insideevs.com/news/683961/fast-charging-vs-slow-charging-study-ev-range-degradation/

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
Clubs

Batteries. Hate. Being. Hot.
Boy do I know it. My other EV is a 2016 Nissan Leaf and this summer in San Antonio was hard on it. I only charged overnight on 120v AC charging but the battery still degraded because the battery is air cooled.. I am now waiting to find out whether Nissan is going to replace the battery or buy the car back from me. Only has 60k miles on it.

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

They are definitely selling more R1S than R1T. RJ has talked about their order mix being 70% R1S and this has been reflected in their production/delivery figures the last two quarters.
That's news to me. I'm not a Rivian fanboy/nerd who breathlessly waits for any bit of news so I can post on the forums. And I don't directly own any Rivian stocks.

I bought the R1S because I was looking for an off-road capable EV and my choices were either the Hummer EV or Rivian...and the Hummer seemed gimmicky. If Rivian hadn't come out with the R1S, I probably would've waited for another option because the R1T didn't do it for me.

I wonder how many R1T buyers wish they would've waited for the R1S.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

There’s a lot of things going on to support demand. This is one. Other things going on:
1. Leasing is coming.
2. Theres’s something like 25-30 service centers under construction per the charging map on here. New geographies are opening up pretty frequently.
3. There was talk on the earnings call about having a lower priced and a higher priced version. I suspect this could happen in mid-2024. I didn’t listen to the call myself, so please chime in if you did.
4. If the lower price version comes out, that opens up opportunities with tax credits to further increase affordability without impacting margins.

Sponsored

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
If this was a Tesla it would be considered a $2700 price cut. Not a great sign for the order backlog.

Ramble On Rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Photographer
Clubs

I spoke with Rivian yesterday and they are giving me the run around about the charger and installation offer. the offer is for vehical purchases bettween Nov 16 -Dec 31. I picked up and finalized the purchase on the 17th of Nov and they are trying to tell me that the purchase date is when I reserved my truck from the shop. My understanding is the DMV consider the purchase date to be the date the vehicle is delivered. Lets hope this isn't the beginning of a sour relationship .

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
I spoke with Rivian yesterday and they are giving me the run around about the charger and installation offer. the offer is for vehical purchases bettween Nov 16 -Dec 31. I picked up and finalized the purchase on the 17th of Nov and they are trying to tell me that the purchase date is when I reserved my truck from the shop. My understanding is the DMV consider the purchase date to be the date the vehicle is delivered. Lets hope this isn't the beginning of a sour relationship .
Well, in the find print they say you need to pick it from available inventory and confirm the order. It sounds like you did that before Nov 16th.

it doesn’t seem to matter much because those of us who did confirm an in stock purchase can’t get the offer because the registration form doesn’t work!

fbkr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's news to me. I'm not a Rivian fanboy/nerd who breathlessly waits for any bit of news so I can post on the forums. And I don't directly own any Rivian stocks.

I bought the R1S because I was looking for an off-road capable EV and my choices were either the Hummer EV or Rivian...and the Hummer seemed gimmicky. If Rivian hadn't come out with the R1S, I probably would've waited for another option because the R1T didn't do it for me.

I wonder how many R1T buyers wish they would've waited for the R1S.
Happy to help.

You asked and I answered (in good faith)...

So what are you crying about?

Even a $90k SUV can't compensate for the raging insecurities of a CRE bro, it seems....

:CWL:

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

There's that NY charm...