First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tacoma TRD Sport, 22 Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Accountant
I made a R2 reservation the day after the intro, and received that 1 email. But nothing since then.
Has anyone else heard from Rivian? Seems like they would have a monthly company email or something just to keep us engaged. Just curious.
Michael
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

As an owner they send newsletters periodically, I wouldn't say monthly.

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

I'm curious, did they say that they were sending out monthly emails for a vehicle that isn't getting built until 2026?

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I don't really expect any communication on a low cost reservation made years from a release.

Sure periodical updates is important to capture new reservations. But, at the same time they have to make sure they don't take away from current sales.

Maybe a schedule update once every 6 months.

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I had a 2yr2mo wait from reservation to delivery on my Model 3. There were no regular updates during that period. No updates on the development or outlining changes that had been made along the way.

I did get a letter with a reproduction of one of the early design ideas and a thank you note maybe 1 year into the process.

After 1yr1wk of waiting, I received an email that I was now allowed to place an order locking in the configuration, making the deposit non-refundable and starting the actual build process. A month or so later, I received a VIN. After another couple weeks, the local delivery center contacted me to schedule a delivery appointment.

Patience grasshopper. I don’t expect any communication from Rivian until they are ready for me to configure my order sometime in 2026 or later.

Sponsored

drm

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EV
Occupation
retired
They will probably send something when there is significant actual news, like a milestone for the factory or the one millionth reservation! They did send me an email telling me I could buy at R1 to move up in priority.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Welcome to Rivian. Communications is not their strong suit.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm incredibly disappointed at the lack of communication about my R2 reservations.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Got an email yesterday inviting me to an R2 event in the bay area. Probably not a lot else to say except “coming s00n”

Sponsored

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I made a R2 reservation the day after the intro, and received that 1 email. But nothing since then.
Has anyone else heard from Rivian? Seems like they would have a monthly company email or something just to keep us engaged. Just curious.
Michael
as my wife would say "calm your tits"

give them till 2025 to say anything before thinking they owe an update. it's not slated until 2026, having updates for the 2 year wait does nothing good for the company, causes anxiety only

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
You must be new to Rivian communications. This is completely normal, no need for alarm.

Welcome!
Sponsored