Sponsored

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

FYI, I just got a 90XX VIN from the shop, a 2023 one. Trying to understand what the discussion is around VINs, do we have anything that's good, that's bad, etc.?

Or is it just that we're being aware of the numbers?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
FYI, I just got a 90XX VIN from the shop, a 2023 one. Trying to understand what the discussion is around VINs, do we have anything that's good, that's bad, etc.?

Or is it just that we're being aware of the numbers?
We are just trying to keep track of the volumes. First 9k we have seen.

Congrats.

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

Love it! Iā€™m so stoked, thanks!

A side question - is it like the 9000th Rivian or R1S that has been produced?

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
Just picked up an LE from shop VIN is 43xx. Guide told me they are non sequential. Guess Iā€™ll cross my fingers itā€™s not a lemon.

Guide told me build was last month. Others on forum are calling BS on my guide. Guess Iā€™ll find out.

Not to be ungrateful that I got one but has anyone backed out after selection and got shop access right back?

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Love it! Iā€™m so stoked, thanks!

A side question - is it like the 9000th Rivian or R1S that has been produced?
R1S, the R1T is well into the 20k numbers.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
My R1S from the shop on Thursday is VIN 74XX. Making a few assumptions (150 R1S a day production rate, 50 R1T) and recently a 9xxx was reported, I'm guessing it was a mid to late April build. I haven't talk to my guide yet but will ask this coming week.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I just got word that my R1S is 95XX and expected to be at my SC in early June.
Is there any way to figure out exact build date?

emceter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Just picked up an LE from shop VIN is 43xx. Guide told me they are non sequential. Guess Iā€™ll cross my fingers itā€™s not a lemon.

Guide told me build was last month. Others on forum are calling BS on my guide. Guess Iā€™ll find out.

Not to be ungrateful that I got one but has anyone backed out after selection and got shop access right back?
I hate to call BS but here is the regulations:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2019-title49-vol6/xml/CFR-2019-title49-vol6-part565.xml

"(3) The third through the eighth characters of the fourth section shall represent the number sequentially assigned by the manufacturer in the production process if the manufacturer produces 500 or more vehicles of its type annually. If the manufacturer produces less than 500 motor vehicles of its type annually, the third, fourth and fifth characters of the fourth section, combined with the three characters of the first section, shall uniquely identify the manufacturer, make and type of the motor vehicle and the sixth, seventh, and eighth characters of the fourth section shall represent the number sequentially assigned by the manufacturer in the production process."

I highly doubt Rivian still counts as low-volume manufacturer, don't know the rules on that exactly

Sponsored

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
I hate to call BS but here is the regulations:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2019-title49-vol6/xml/CFR-2019-title49-vol6-part565.xml

"(3) The third through the eighth characters of the fourth section shall represent the number sequentially assigned by the manufacturer in the production process if the manufacturer produces 500 or more vehicles of its type annually. If the manufacturer produces less than 500 motor vehicles of its type annually, the third, fourth and fifth characters of the fourth section, combined with the three characters of the first section, shall uniquely identify the manufacturer, make and type of the motor vehicle and the sixth, seventh, and eighth characters of the fourth section shall represent the number sequentially assigned by the manufacturer in the production process."

I highly doubt Rivian still counts as low-volume manufacturer, don't know the rules on that exactly
Yeah I believe it was BS. After pushing the guide a little on the subject they became really vague and noncommittal on their previous statements. Actually ended up getting kind of short with me, in the tone of DO YOU WANT THE CAR OR NOT. Maybe my bad for being pushy. Wouldnā€™t give details or firm options on what would happen if I unmatched either. So decided to go with it and hope for the best. Thinking about bringing a friend that owns detail shop along to check it out for obvious issues/repairs but in the end donā€™t know what my options would look like anyway. There is another thread on denying delivery that seemed to work out for someone but they may have had a more willing guide helping them.

lostinafog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad large Canyon Red, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

I was just assigned VIN for my R1T quad-motor 2023 model, in the 23,000 range. Currently its evidently finished and sitting in Normal...

Lrak1973

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005/6 Toyota Highlander Hybrid; Forest Green R1S
Occupation
Attorney
Just got a VIN for R1S at 10,5XX; Forest Green, Black Mountain interior with dark wood, 21s, quad motor, Adventure Package, underbody protection. November 2020 reservation date.

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yeah I believe it was BS. After pushing the guide a little on the subject they became really vague and noncommittal on their previous statements. Actually ended up getting kind of short with me, in the tone of DO YOU WANT THE CAR OR NOT. Maybe my bad for being pushy. Wouldnā€™t give details or firm options on what would happen if I unmatched either. So decided to go with it and hope for the best. Thinking about bringing a friend that owns detail shop along to check it out for obvious issues/repairs but in the end donā€™t know what my options would look like anyway. There is another thread on denying delivery that seemed to work out for someone but they may have had a more willing guide helping them.
I was talking to my guide about backing out to switch interior colors and he mentioned that unmatching took about 2-3 business days and shop access would be restored after that was complete. I ended up keeping my configuration as is so I can't say for sure.

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
Well, damn it. So my guide is clueless or an @ss. Very unfortunate. Vehicle is already shipped so guess Iā€™ll still stick with the plan to thoroughly check it out and possibly deny it if need be, hopefully not. But if my guide wasnā€™t as helpful as yours to start with then denying may be even bigger pain. Sounds like rematching was about as easy as I thought it would be but guide wasnā€™t willing or didnā€™t know.
Sponsored