Sponsored

Should I go Max w less options or Large.

bmwlad24

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Nissan Murano(trading), 2024 Acura MDX Type-S
I’m curious if I should go with the dual max, that is pretty much loaded except for the monochromatic roof, and the performance upgrade, or should I go with the dual large that is also loaded, but has the roof and the performance upgrade. I’ll let you all decide.

Rivian R1T R1S Should I go Max w less options or Large. IMG_1004

Rivian R1T R1S Should I go Max w less options or Large. IMG_1003
Sponsored

ukyank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
I had a vehicle with monochromatic roof. I never used it.

The other would be just if you value HP or Range more.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Go see if you can test drive with and without performance. I'll bet that'll help you figure out what's most important. If speed is important to you, I suspect you'll want the performance.

I'm currently shopping and to my taste, dual non performance has adequate power, but nothing special. But that's me

Sponsored

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 - 2025 Rivian R1S
You could always get the Max and then upgrade to the Performance in the future if you still wanted it. That only leaves off the roof which there are other solutions for if you really needed shade. Maybe not as nice as the stock but there are shades that you can insert.

Personally I went with the max since that extra range may be nice on road trips etc where charging is not as frequent and fast as getting gas and would consider getting the software update in the future for performance if I really wanted it.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
I would go max, upgrade to perf dual later if want.

Vik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S | Model S LR | Model Y Perf
More range and V2H capability - Max.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I’m curious if I should go with the dual max, that is pretty much loaded except for the monochromatic roof, and the performance upgrade, or should I go with the dual large that is also loaded, but has the roof and the performance upgrade. I’ll let you all decide.

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1003.jpeg

Honestly save the money, get the loaded large (which is a software limited max), you likely don't need the range for real world use. That remaining unused portion of the pack may become either available to buy in the future or used to maintain usable capacity overtime.

See my post here: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ove-how-i-gambled-and-got-a-sweet-ride.29141/

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Performance Dual Motor Max Pack.

Full send. Even if you have to get the max pack first and then get the performance unlock once Rivian rolls it out.

bdwalters

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Hardware Engineer
You have to consider how and where you are going to use it. I live in a warm climate in an area with plenty of chargers, I have a garage with sockets, and I only commute about 30 miles a day on average. I don’t tow or road trip often. The 270 mile range model is more than enough for me. It would be a total waste of money for me to get anything larger.

if you live in rural Idaho and are driving a trailer full of horses around all over, you probably need the largest battery you can get. (Or maybe just get a diesel.)
Sponsored