Tesla Adapter for Trip Next Month - A2Z / Lectron

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Thank you. Very helpful! Point of clarification. If you only used Rivian navigation would that have worked? What exactly does the Tesla app give you that Rivian nav alone doesn't? Thanks a ton!
Yes, the Rivian Nav will work fine. I setup my Nav options to only include RAN and Tesla Superchargers. If you do not it will favor EA or others.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

This topic has generated many snarky comments.
Because there are hundreds of threads all over the internet with the same question, and already answered. People who are involved in forums get tired of posts that were already answered.

OP
OP

planetcase

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023
Thank you for adding to the helpfulness of this thread.

IMHO being tired is never a reason to treat people poorly.

A good question may be why are there 100s of posts and threads on this same topic? because it isnstill unanswered and interesting . I don't feel too badly about posting here. .

Plus....The information seems to be changing weekly and infornation on both chargers seem to be evolving. So it seems new threads on the old topic are needed. And I just got the daily email from Rivian that this thread was one of top 10 from yesterday.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to post and answer. You are appreciated!.

Trinculo73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mini Cooper Conv., Victory Magnum X1
Clubs

I got the Lectron adapter two weeks ago. I haven't road tripped with it yet, but I tried it at a nearby Supercharger and it worked perfectly. I'd expected a bunch of issues removing the Tesla cable from it, from everything I've seen on here, but it came right out without any problems.

I did follow Lectron's directions, installing the adapter in my charge port first, then plugging the Tesla cable into it, and after stopping the charge, I removed the Tesla cable first before removing the adapter from my truck. Zero problems.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Information has not been changing weekly. It’s well covered topic. Thread from just this past sat. Too often folks don’t put in the slight effort to search and read. Same questions get asked repeatedly. They see multi page threads, get overwhelmed and give up… completely missing ones that provide answers in just a few minutes.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/nacs-adapter-recommendation.29178/post-559890

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Thank you very much. What did you do in order to get it removed from the Tesla plug?

And do you have the same problem with the A2Z?
I banged it really hard, it came loose, I boxed it back up and returned it. So I have no advice of any use.

I have not had any problems with A2Z. I used it at 4 SCs on a recent trip. No issues.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
In the process of returning my Lectron now. It didn't work at some stations on my one and only trip with it (both are V3). Got a "connection" error in car (cable not connected, try again). I tried at multiple stalls and kept getting same error over and over. They've offered a replacement, but I just don't trust it anymore so getting refund and buying the A2Z.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Thank you. Very helpful! Point of clarification. If you only used Rivian navigation would that have worked? What exactly does the Tesla app give you that Rivian nav alone doesn't? Thanks a ton!
use the rivian nav, but make sure you unhide "Adaptor needed" chargers otherwise it won't direct you to a supercharger.

ccharie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RS1; Mercedes EQE
Occupation
Lawyer
Just did a trip last week (Midwest to Northern Virginia). The Rivian navigation and the Tesla app were in synch with which chargers worked with the adapter. Sometimes the Rivian navigation app favored an EVGo or EA over Tesla. I paid for the monthly membership so used the app to find all the stations as I progressed as member price on Tesla was ALWAYS cheaper than non-member on EVGo or EA. The only time I did not use a Tesla charger was when I could use a RAN (Hagerstown and Breezewood).

One of the posters indicated the adapter was not a magic bullet. It felt like one to me as I had zero range anxiouty and never had a situation where I had to wait for a station (RAN or Tesla SC). I have a A2Z adapter and after the breakin period, it's been great.
I’ve had the same experience driving from NY to FL. I had no issues with the A2Z and recommend it. Does eliminate range anxiety. The only situation I have is the Tesla cord location, it’s on the wrong side for Rivian to use it properly. I try to get the end space so that there is no drama-so far so good! I’m glad to have the adapter from A2Z.

Sponsored

OP
OP

planetcase

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023
I got the Lectron adapter two weeks ago. I haven't road tripped with it yet, but I tried it at a nearby Supercharger and it worked perfectly. I'd expected a bunch of issues removing the Tesla cable from it, from everything I've seen on here, but it came right out without any problems.

I did follow Lectron's directions, installing the adapter in my charge port first, then plugging the Tesla cable into it, and after stopping the charge, I removed the Tesla cable first before removing the adapter from my truck. Zero problems.
Perfect. Thanks!

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
This is very helpful. Should I trust my Rivian gps ? It lists Tesla chargers along the route.
When you travel how do you determine which Tesla chargers work with Rivian and which do not? Thanks in advance.
Rivian's app and in-car navigation will show you the Tesla chargers you can use.
Be aware that Rivian's app and in-car navigation only have data for SOME charger networks, not all, so you won't see all the CCS charger choices. But the data about Tesla chargers is accurate.

The Tesla website/app has filters to let you see which Tesla chargers are open to Rivians with adapaters. There are also a handful that are open to all CCS vehicles without an adapter.

There's no one place to find all the chargers. I usually use ABRP to plan trips, but it doesn't distinguish (yet) between Tesla chargers that are open and closed to Rivians, so you still have to pay attention and check with another source of data if you are planning on using the Tesla chargers.
Sponsored