KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Power Developer
Clubs

Anybody else have any weird behaviors with the UI after NACS going live today? Wife said doors would not unlock using proximity and only the two front doors would open after multiple attempts opening with the app. Also, when she got home I went for a drive and the vehicle did switch to me as the driver, but the seats didn't go into my preset memory positions. A soft reset seemed to fix everything, so not really worried about it.. just curious if others had similiar issues.
Interesting that you brought this up, as on Sunday after the software update I had all doors unlock except the driver's side, in which the handle did not come out.
Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
Thanks for posting. I just played around with the map in the app. Unfortunately in Northern New England, for whatever reason it excludes most of the superchargers that I have tended to rely on as a ten year Tesla owner: eg Hooksett, Lincoln, and West Lebanon in NH, Berlin VT, and Queensbury and Plattsburgh in NY. The ones open will be helpful as backup locations but not primary. I hope Tesla will add more existing superchargers to the list over time, as well as build out more v4 superchargers that are accessible.
v2?
Potentially some v3 that have not been upgraded for HW compatibility yet?

Map I created of v2 vs v3 Tesla Superchargers
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions v2 vs v3 ezgif.com-gif-maker

Last edited:

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Whole bunch of mid-west into the plains are Lvl 2s and I hope those get upgrades.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just curious why Baker and Primm specifically, they do have them in Barstow, Yermo, and Henderson.

The stations in Baker and Primm are a combo of V2 and V3 and these stations are not showing. I’m curious if it is a hardware/software issue for the combined sites or they are trying to eliminate confusion for the users.

Some people reported there are people claiming they were able to plug and charge at stations not listed. There is a combo station in Indio as well with V2 and V3 chargers. Once I get my adapter I was planning on trying one of the V3 chargers there just to see if it works or not.
Yes, not sure why - the Baker units were just recently added and they allow access to Death Valley so It'd be nice to use them.

Sponsored

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I tried it out this morning and it worked well. 210kw max. I used the Lectron Vortex adapter and my truck didn’t catch on fire or explode.
IMG_4958.jpeg
Awesome to see the Vortex in action! :like:
When did you pre-order it?
I pre-ordered mine late Oct '23. & have been sending Lectron emails every 2-3 weeks asking for updates :cool:
Tarkus needs her "Juice" daily!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yermo to vegas....you'll make it

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yermo to vegas....you'll make it

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I pre-ordered mine late Oct '23. & have been sending Lectron emails every 2-3 weeks asking for updates :cool:
Ugghh, that hurts. 31 December '23 order (do I put that in my signature?) and I just started asking them where my stuff is this week. Seeing you don't have yours puts me in my place. Good to see it actually exists IRL.

ShortCircuit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Electrician
I also ordered in October. I’m sure yours isn’t far behind.

Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My R1S software version 2024.07.02 still not showing any Tesla chargers. Tried soft reset, played with filters and finally contacted tech support. Rivian can't do anything, looks like they do not have solution.
They said that this is a unique problem and they will research it.
If someone has the same problem, please contact Rivian to report.
Did you toggle the adapter needed to off?

cabbey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X; Smart fortwo
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Just curious why Baker and Primm specifically, they do have them in Barstow, Yermo, and Henderson.

The stations in Baker and Primm are a combo of V2 and V3 and these stations are not showing. I’m curious if it is a hardware/software issue for the combined sites or they are trying to eliminate confusion for the users.

Some people reported there are people claiming they were able to plug and charge at stations not listed. There is a combo station in Indio as well with V2 and V3 chargers. Once I get my adapter I was planning on trying one of the V3 chargers there just to see if it works or not.
Might be important to ask where you are looking. I’m getting a different view of the world with the Rivian app (iOS v 2.7.2) and the Tesla app (iOS v 4.31.0) and the Tesla website for our local super charger in Wilsonville, OR. It’s one of the few v4/v3 hybrids with v4 pedestals featuring magic docks, but v3 cabinets.

Tesla app shows it as Tesla only.
Tesla website shows it as Tesla + other nacs (not magic dock)
Rivian app shows it as Tesla plus other evs, with magic dock or adapter.

Other locations such as the magic dock enabled v3 Boardman OR, or the legacy v2/v3 mixed (no magic dock) Woodburn OR are consistent between all three sources.

Rivian in car matches app. I plan to attempt a charge on it later in the week when my SoC gets down (I charged to 80% this weekend at home, so may be a bit.)

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
We have some v3 chargers in BC that aren't showing up as official NACS sites so I'm going to be curious to try them out anyways once I receive my adapter.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Anyone know when the Lectron adapter is going to ship?

Last I heard was March is when it will begin but that is probably for folks who ordered in October 2023.

I ordered the A2Z one using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. This is what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions 1711036370898-5j-

Here we are!

Just wanted to drop in and say we’re here for you all, ready to chat and help out on the forum whenever you need.

Let's clarify something:
We have stock, we receive inventory almost everyday and we ship hundreds of orders daily since the 5th of January. Over a thousand Ford owners are already using our adapters on Tesla Superchargers since the 29th of February.

Now, about the wait time for this adapter—it's taking 2-3 weeks to ship because we've got a ton of orders to handle, we’re super strict about checking each adapter (yep, every single one gets inspected and tested in China and Canada), and our shipping team isn’t huge. But don’t worry, we’re on it! We’re thinking about bringing more folks on board to speed things up. Just hang tight, we’re getting there and improving how fast we can get these adapters out to you.

As a side note, we are the only company currently shipping NACS to CCS1 adapters, the only one...

- A2Z EV

Last edited:

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
Interesting that you brought this up, as on Sunday after the software update I had all doors unlock except the driver's side, in which the handle did not come out.
Interesting - I have this same thing. Although it's not related to the software update, as it's been happening for a couple of weeks. I've got a mobile service appointment the first week of April. Just the drivers door. I can still push the handle in and open it, so it's not a big hassle.
Sponsored