Sponsored

The Rivian Wave?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I'm not sure how you'd ever see anyone else doing that then. I can't recall the last time I was even able to notice the hand of the driver on their steering wheel on the other side of the road approaching me at 45mph, and the last thing I want to be doing in the rain is watching the hands of people in vehicles on the other side of the road....

I almost bought a Jeep before I got my Defender. My girlfriend at the time ranted about the whole 'not wanting to be part of the Jeep club' thing so much that I scrapped the idea just to save my sanity.

Don't regret it, I'm a luxury-car kinda guy. If any of you Washington Riviots tries waving like that at me in mine, I promise you I won't even notice.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Clearly you all missed the real Rivian Wave, Turn on Driver +, Remove both hands off of the steering wheel and using both hands make the following symbol.

Rivian R1T R1S The Rivian Wave? 1641487750211

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
I'm pretty sure you will need a subscription with your Rivian in order to do a patented Rivian wave.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I might beg to differ. In my youth, I spent several years as a Motor Officer on the Tallahassee Police Department. I rode a motorcycle all day, every day. I was almost always acknowledged when meeting or passing another motorcycle, and I would always return the acknowledgement. Even these many years later, I still notice motorcyclists acknowledging each other on the road. Additionally, I do not think that this courtesy is stupid.

Brian
Almost always I wouldn't disagree with. But it's still not something I do.

Just because two people both ride a motorcycle, that doesn't make them kindred souls. I mean do you wave at folks buying the same cereal at the grocery store?

"Yo, man. I see you reppin' the Raisin Bran set! Me too!"

"Fiber is a dope ass part of my day, my brother!"

OP
OP
p3ck

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Just because two people both ride a motorcycle, that doesn't make them kindred souls. I mean do you wave at folks buying the same cereal at the grocery store?

Makes me think of the Gorillaz Non-Conformist Oath :)

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A

I disagree. I do think anyone on a motorcycle is, at least in some small shard, a kindred soul with other motorcyclists. Not everyone rides (a very small percentage of the eligible population rides) for a lot of reasons. Those of us that do know we're risking our lives (to a far greater extent than getting in a car or hitting the cereal aisle) and to me the greeting is an acknowledgement of both of those facts.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)

Eventually your last sentence become fact. Just fyi.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

Brilliant. I am absolutely doing this. Not because we are both risking our lives going indoors in Covid times but simply because finding any excuse to relate to another soul is always better than finding excuses to hate them. If you see me in the aisle giving you a node wearing this, remember it was all your idea.

Rivian R1T R1S The Rivian Wave? 1641498285623

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm all for it, a Rivian hello that is.

giphy-2.gif
This is me waving at jeepists from my Land Rover, confusing them because round headlights aren’t exclusive ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Maybe an OTA could be provided to allow the charging door to spin wildly, or at least allow it to open and close with the tap of the left stalk. Perhaps Rivian could find a way to allow us to make the left headlight blink once to say "Hi!" to an oncoming Riviot.

I wouldn't want to utilize a proximity sensor to auto-blink for me, as I wouldn't want to appear to be too forward. I mean, what if shes a married Riviot?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Maybe an OTA could be provided to allow the charging door to spin wildly, or at least allow it to open and close with the tap of the left stalk. Perhaps Rivian could find a way to allow us to make the left headlight blink once to say "Hi!" to an oncoming Riviot.

I wouldn't want to utilize a proximity sensor to auto-blink for me, as I wouldn't want to appear to be too forward. I mean, what if shes a married Riviot?
I am sure Alexa knows everything and you can set it to Blink only Riviots who are available, 20 inchers (not that size matters) with cross bars who have been activating off road mode in the past month at least twice.

p.s. Hard pass on charging door. I am already nervous it is going to be the first thing to break.
Sponsored