Sponsored

Tidal Artwork Not Showing

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

My Tidal artwork came back with the .50 update but I had already canceled my Tidal subscription and now on a free 3 month trial with Spotify. IMHO, the Spotify interface and app are much better and my hearing is not awesome enough to detect any significant difference in sound quality between the two. I wanted Tidal to be better, but for me it just wasn't. Sticking with Spotify.
I agree that Spotify has the better interface and is more intuitive. I was actually going back and forth between Spotify and Tidal this morning while charging this morning, and Spotify is noticeably more compressed than Tidal, but not so much so that you feel like you're missing out on something.
Sponsored

LittonLad

First Name
Simmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adv, ECG, 21” rims
I am still missing Tidal artwork from .46 on. Multiple soft and hard resets, and logging out and logging back in to Tidal. Rivian also looked into it while at a recent SC visit. The Rivian tech said he was stumped and said perhaps a new update will fix it. Super frustrating and distracting when driving.

lilbuj

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeepster Commando, Volvo S60R, Suburban
My artwork came back out of the blue about a month ago. Then with the new update last night it disappeared again. Irritating.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Yep. Love the high fidelity of Tidal, but its interface/art work is in-and-out all the time. Followed a thread on RS and “apparently it’s a known issue with Rivian, but it’s taking some cooperation with Tidal to correct”.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I've had a ticket open for several months. Something really odd happened to me twice. My artwork re-appears just when my cameras freeze up. Of course I need to soft reset to get the cameras back, but then the artwork disappears again. Sigh. I have no idea if this is merely coincidental or if there's a connection between these things. Anyhoo, Rivian Service called me today asking if my issue was resolved which it most definitely was not. They had me soft reset, sign out of the app, Tidal, and Alexa. (I had done all of these things repeatedly plus hard resetting in the past with no effect.) I called them back to tell them there was no change and they scheduled me for a service appointment to run diagnostics. This is a known issue, so I'm not sure why they'd need to run further diagnostics. I also live 3 hours away from my nearest SC so won't be keeping the appointment just for that. My understanding from speaking with people in the know, is that it's a software communication issue between Tidal and Rivian which will require them to collaborate on a fix. It's also something that Rivian isn't prioritizing. Kind of a bummer since I'm a big Tidal HiFi+ fan and don't like Spotify. Oh well. At least the music still streams fine.

Sponsored

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

Still missing Tidal artwork after this last update. It's been months now. Really frustrating, though if it requires coordination with Tidal I can understand why it might take some time.

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

For those following this thread, mine popped back in yesterday without any restart. I'm not sure what part of this caused it but I thought I'd share what the context was when it happened.

FYI - I hardly ever listen to Tune-in ...

– I got in the truck and switched to Tune-in from Tidal to listen to local sports. I did this for about 15 mins while driving to the grocery store.
– It was still on Tune-in when I parked and while I went grocery shopping for about 30-40 mins.
– I returned to the truck, switched it from Tune-in to Tidal, and the Album art was back!

Hopefully this helps others?
It helped me. I didn't use Tune-in, but I did start using Alexa to play things using my Tidal subscription. Took a couple of days of exclusively using Alexa, but I switched back to the Tidal interface this morning and my album art is back! But the app is still glitching heavily - half the time my "Home" screen is totally empty and I lose the ability to control the song that is playing (or access to my queue). But still, this is better than nothing.

lilbuj

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeepster Commando, Volvo S60R, Suburban
The logout and reset procedure worked for me this time around.

1) log out of Tidal in the Rivian.
2) Soft infotainment reset (hold left & right outer steering wheel buttons at same time).
3) Hard reset (outer left steering wheel button & hazard at same time.)
4) Log back into Tidal on Rivian once LTE comes back on display.

jrange

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

I’ve had same issues, I started listening to tidal through Alexa and I think it sounds better and the cover art shows up.

nosystemworks

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, BMW X5
Occupation
Communications
Will have to try listening through Alexa and see if that works because no number of resets has.

FWIW, Tidal integration is still better than what I experienced with Polestar. Required opening and closing the app every time I got in the car to get it to play. Sometimes it would pick up where you left off then you got it, but 95% of the time, it round require you to close it and reopen to get it started.
Sponsored