Sponsored

Timing from R1 Shop -> Delivery?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I got an email that my truck was available to be picked up within hours of selecting from the shop (earlier this week). But today I got an email from my guide that it's actually still on a train. Good thing I didn't travel 100 miles to the SC expecting to see it on the lot. šŸ˜¢
You know what they say about guides....
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Curious about those folks who've decided to purchase from the R1 shop rather than wait for their build - what's the typical timeline? I know the website says 6-8 weeks, is that about right?
it all depends where that vehicle is when you select it. we know that Shop inventory is regional so we could guess its "relatively" close (meaning not on the other side of the country). and it'll depend on how that region is divided by Rivian.

i picked a truck from the Shop on 3/15, by 3/20 they said it was at the SC near me. on 3/22 they wanted me to pick it up on 3/23. it was very aggressive but i suspect its because they are trying to get as many out before end of Q1.

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
If all goes well I pick up on Sunday which makes it 12 days from when I selected the vehicle from the R1T shop.

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
FWIWā€¦I donā€™t know why my truck was in the Shop (customer rejection, extra inventory, rework, whatever) but who cares? It has been awesome! Minor stuff like a gap here and there but no significant issues. Power tonneau works great, have all the 12v outlets in the frunk and under the dash and no drivetrain clunk. Overall, couldnā€™t be happier with the truck or with Rivian.

If you get offered a truck from the Shop and itā€™s what you want, jump on it. You can make yourself crazy second guessing all that could be wrong but Rivian isnā€™t ā€œout to get youā€. There are still buyers stacked up for every truck so thereā€™s no problem selling one if you donā€™t want it. My experience has been 100% that Rivian wants me to be happy with my purchase and have leaned forward to help me at every turn. And Iā€™m not a FanBoiā€¦Iā€™m simply just happy with my truckā€¦more so than with any car purchase Iā€™ve ever made (close with my Hellcat a few years ago but I definitely like Rivian more than Dodge).

Donā€™t find trouble where thereā€™s not anyā€¦

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Curious about those folks who've decided to purchase from the R1 shop rather than wait for their build - what's the typical timeline? I know the website says 6-8 weeks, is that about right?
25 days from picking one out of the shop to delivery. And that was the longest 25 days everā€¦šŸ¤£

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec

Sponsored

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
For me as soon as I picked out a shop RT1, the next day it indicated it was in Brooklyn and I was able to make a delivery appointment. I think it was already at the location. It had 25 miles on it....I think someone went for a test drive and decided it wasn't for them. Would be curious how many miles are usually on them at pickup.

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
If thats a 4XE Wrangler across the street, that is my collection (actually the wife's Jeep)....although my Tesla is a Model 3. haha...

Here are two of my EV's:
YhPXVXH.jpg

...and here's the third:

lPRLKv4.jpg

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
For me as soon as I picked out a shop RT1, the next day it indicated it was in Brooklyn and I was able to make a delivery appointment. I think it was already at the location. It had 25 miles on it....I think someone went for a test drive and decided it wasn't for them. Would be curious how many miles are usually on them at pickup.
\
Mine was built for and assigned to me and it had 25ish miles on it. They test drive and quality check them and can put up to 100 miles on it if it had problems. That doesn't mean it was driven by anyone other than Rivian.

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Thats good to know. Cool.

\
Mine was built for and assigned to me and it had 25ish miles on it. They test drive and quality check them and can put up to 100 miles on it if it had problems. That doesn't mean it was driven by anyone other than Rivian.
Sponsored