Types of Cars Driven by Idiots // Jalopnik Article

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
Just read the article… E90 BMW? Really?!? Sure, at one point in time people mocked the Bangle design, but look at how ugly the cars are now! Big ass grille, no angel eyes, the list goes on and on… and yes, I’m an E90 BMW owner. 😉
Me too. I love my E90. Six speed, sport package.
Sponsored

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

I’m not sure about the idiots…
But I can tell you the most flammable cars I’ve seen over the years on the side of the road:

BMWs
Merecedes
Jeeps
VWs
Lambos

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
The author of the "article" (Andy Kalmowitz) left out one vehicle that is driven by idiots - Nissan Frontier.

Rivian R1T R1S Types of Cars Driven by Idiots // Jalopnik Article 1710558867759-9h

Rivian R1T R1S Types of Cars Driven by Idiots // Jalopnik Article 1710558800614-t6

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Well I am not sure if this is true everywhere but in the PNW it is any white Tesla - this car is bound to be going under the speed limit in the left lane, randomly stop, fail to accelerate on an onramp, and just generally be confused. In BC they will also be abandoned on the roadside when there is the slightest snow. The black ones seem less likely to be a plague, but maybe I haven't noticed.

Jeeps with missing parts - not sure what the point of these are, but most people driving them seem like yahoos.

Sprinters - I don't think I need to explain how insufferable #vanlife people can be (one of my favorite comments from someone I know who lives in his van was "you know when you live in a van at 25 and are climbing, hiking and skiing all the time you seem cool, at 40 you seem like a creep") this is combined with the idea that you spent 120++++k for a cargo van.

Roll Coal Outfitted - ok so I get you have politics and a POV, but really?

Mini Vans - Pretty much guaranteed to kill someone on a motorcycle or bike over enough time.

WRX and the variations - I have often assumed they are so in love with the turbo sounds because they cannot buy cars with a real engine or don't know they exist or would rather bolt s**t on them with their money instead of buying a car with a real engine.
In California it is Toyota Corollas. The Corolla exists on a reputation for being inexpensive and reliable. A bit of research will quickly show there are better options in terms of fuel economy, performance, tech, and other factors that might matter to an informed buyer. People that rank the act of driving, and choice of vehicle as a complete afterthought drive Corollas. They wander down the road at random speeds, making random stops and random turns. I give them a wide berth because you never know what they will do next.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
The author of the "article" (Andy Kalmowitz) left out one vehicle that is driven by idiots - Nissan Frontier.

1710558867759-9h.png

1710558800614-t6.png
Guy looks like he'd be fun to hang with to me.

Too bad he wrote that thing.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My favorite is the Lexus, or is the plural Lexi? Whenever I see one, the grill reminds me of a snow plow lumbering down the street.

Brian

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anything with a sticker that says "Jalopnik author" on the back window.

s0ysauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Sponsored

MGA

Banned
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Veloster
In some countries, people with criminal mentality love to buy BMW cars. )

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
We used to say BMW's.. but at one point we had three of them in our driveway :CWL:

Mini-vans, hot-hatches and any Dodge/RAM are the vehicles we try to keep an eye on nowadays as they seem to be the most likely to do something stupid.

zfischer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter, 1250GSA, R1S
My guesses:

PT Cruiser
ICE Mustang
Subaru Forester
Corvette
Charger
G-Wagen
Any/Every front wheel drive import with an aftermarket rear spoiler and a bolt on fartcan exhaust and a crappy tint job

Not disparaging any actual owners, just my personal experience where I live of cars with drivers that act the stupidest.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
My wife is on her second Cayenne. This morning over coffee, I asked her what is the difference between Porsche’s and Porcupines?

For P-cars the pricks are on the inside.

She thinks the biggest idiots drive limestone R1T’s.

Forest Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Nissan Altima. And here in Colorado it'd be every Subaru driving 5 mph below the speed limit.
Sponsored