Sponsored

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
I wonder what ever happened to the "summer update" that RJ spoke of that included media control from the screen in the backseat...?
Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Screen clean mode. We've had that for ages. Select: Camping-->Turn off. When you want your screens back, press the brake pedal. You can clean for way more than 5 minutes. This is also a great mode for detailing and cleaning.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Hopefully they also silently included a fix for the vehicle location. Having it fall back to reporting the R1S is always at my house even when it's not in the app makes the "See current location" app feature useless. Even more so if you are using ElectraFi as it just shows you driving from "Home" to "Home" all the time.

Current "fix" is to do a full vehicle reboot. That resolves it for a few days...then it comes back.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
These threads always devolve into complaints about what the update DOESN'T have. I think there are better places to talk about unrelated issues like this.

Rivian has said this is a feature they are working on, and yes, it probably does involve a lot of things outside of Rivian's control. We know from the interviews with the lead developer that there are issues involving regulatory requirements for backup cameras. If the placement of the bed camera means it doesn't have the visibility required by regulation, for example, then it could be it won't happen even though it is technically trivial to implement. A vehicle integrated safety system has strict requirements, unlike a third-party backup camera that you install yourself. It's pretty unfair to imply that the software development team is incompetent when you have no idea what is blocking this functionality.
But the funny part is when my tailgate is down and I am backing up, all I see is ground. And if the bed camera was used instead, when tailgate is down, the results would be superior.

But I agree.....regulation and government probably don't care. Big picture doesn't win over the rules are rules.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
All of this talk about the rear view cameras makes me wonder how I ever was able to back my vehicles up. The old school rear view camera was glancing over your shoulder…. Sure the cameras are a nice addition but old school still works…🤷🏻

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Still no bed camera as a backup camera for R1T? Is it really that hard? I've seen a couple of accidents here that could have been avoided if this was a thing.
These are the R1S patch notes. It could still be in the R1T release but don't get your hopes up.

Byulasfjazz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van
Occupation
Franchise owner
Screen cleaning? Who even wants that, what a literal waste of time all of these Rivian updates are everytime!!!111

This literally happens to me a few times a week! I have to wipe dust and fingerprints off and every time it triggers something I don’t want turned on! This is the best feature in this update. I guess people who don’t take care of their vehicle would care

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
When is Rivian going to start incorporating traffic data into its route planning and estimates? I know, it allegedly already does that, but I don't buy it. Almost every day I'll sit in traffic for 30 minutes barely moving and it will tell me that my destination is 20 minutes away without every updating that estimate. Once the commute took me 1.5 hours and for a whole hour Rivian told me I was 22 minutes from home.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

.... It's pretty unfair to imply that the software development team is incompetent when you have no idea what is blocking this functionality.
Counterpoint/solution for this: picture in picture! Just have to show the backup at the minimum size required (spoiler: there isn't a set dimension for this) and the bed camera with the balance of the screen or on the dash.

Rivian R1T R1S Update 2023.34.0 -- Improved Handling & Ride Comfort, Phone Call Steering Wheel Functions, Set Speed for ACC / HWA, 25% Better Sleep Range Loss Screenshot_20230906-175621

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
No mention of the October Halloween mode on this update? I was hoping to see the ambient light color adjustability feature being released.

Sponsored

vista1984

First Name
Wan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
nice update. any ride quality improvements are welcome.
I am quite surprised it can be improved by OTA. I dont remember tesla mentioned that in update release note. Polestar does also provide drive quality update.

edited: model S and X did provide similar update before.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
All of this talk about the rear view cameras makes me wonder how I ever was able to back my vehicles up. The old school rear view camera was glancing over your shoulder…. Sure the cameras are a nice addition but old school still works…🤷🏻
It's also dangerous. Kids have been killed.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Not ACC Resume, dammit, but I’ll take the enhancement (for now).

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Except when the damn truck goes into park because your butt comes off the seat, so unfortunately need all the damn cameras.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
... It's pretty unfair to imply that the software development team is incompetent when you have no idea what is blocking this functionality.
Counterpoint/solution for this
I gave a hypothetical example of something that could plausibly be blocking deployment of this feature. To be clear, I DON'T KNOW what problems and constraints Rivian has to deal with here. Neither does anyone else in this thread. I'm sure there are solutions to most of the problems, whatever they are, but that's not the point. The point is simply that the poster clearly doesn't have any idea what challenges Rivian faces with this, so it's a bit patronizing to say it's "easy" and "should be simple".
Sponsored