First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
" Proximity Locking and Unlocking via Key Fob ".. sweet!
It's kind of odd when you have to whip out the fob to lock and unlock an $80K vehicle in the 21st century.
Sponsored

jasonphoto01

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 1976 Ford Bronco, 2018 RR Sport
Occupation
Medical Field

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ not to worry.... "Boat Mode" coming in the next update. You know.. to keep up with Elon 😁

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

seconding what @zefram47 said. The way I understand these notes, we'll only be interacting with are the results of Google Maps's search API; those results will then feed address/lat+long data into Rivian's navigation suite.

Rivian R1T R1S Version 2023.06.00 "Internal Beta" Software Update Notes hopeless-disappointed

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I wonder how proximity unlocking vs locking with the key fob will work? Will it be like the phone is currently is where it will automatically unlock when you get close or will it require you to touch a part of the vehicle like most other keyless entry systems?

If it is the former (which is what I expect), I hope it doesn't make the vampire energy drain worse. I typically keep my key fob attached to my person at all times for convenience.

Sponsored

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
With regard to experience of "rare" events 100% of the time...

I suspect that this definition may be interpreted as being "some (perhaps a small) percentage of people experience it most of the time or every time, but most don't experience it at all"...hence fitting the definition of "rare"...

Think of it like a weather forecast... a 50% chance of rain can mean that it will rain everywhere for 1/2 the day and can also mean that it will rain on 1/2 of the forecast area for the whole day (and various potentialities in between).:angel:

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

It's crazy how frequent each update is and how they're making meaningful improvements each update. I know people are frustrated 'xyz' isn't fixed, but you gotta give credit to the rivian team for investing so much into these updates.
I agree I'm mostly happy with how they are rolling these out. But also would not have purchased this without that expectation so its pretty critical they keep up the good work.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I wonder how proximity unlocking vs locking with the key fob will work? Will it be like the phone is currently is where it will automatically unlock when you get close or will it require you to touch a part of the vehicle like most other keyless entry systems?

If it is the former (which is what I expect), I hope it doesn't make the vampire energy drain worse. I typically keep my key fob attached to my person at all times for convenience.
I doubt it would make the vampire drain worse since the vehicle already is listening with Bluetooth to detect the phone key. So from my understanding it would just apply the same way to key fob now. If anything I would think that the battery life of the key fob would be reduced which is why a battery level for the key is being added. I am also assuming that the setting to turn proximity off at home works the same as with the phone key.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I would say both to some degree but search was the larger issue for me. Being unable to locate a business thats named on the map, sending me to the street behind an address, consistently routing me to Costco 20 miles away when there's one 3 miles away. Navigation wise it's been okay for some routes and less so for others. The traffic data doesn't update all that quickly and things like temporary 1-2 day road closures don't show up like they do in Google from what I've seen.
I'd see that as a feature if I get to go to two Costcos instead of just one... but I might have a couple shares worth of bias there ;)

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Some serious quality of life enhancements for me here. Nav using google for POI!!! In progress Charger routing FINALLY! The arrival enhancement is great as well.

• Increased the Highway Assist hands-off warning time period from 10 to 20 seconds for your convenience.
PRAISE JEEBUS!!!!!

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Some serious quality of life enhancements for me here. Nav using google for POI!!! In progress Charger routing FINALLY! The arrival enhancement is great as well.

• Increased the Highway Assist hands-off warning time period from 10 to 20 seconds for your convenience.
PRAISE JEEBUS!!!!!
10 seconds was definitely annoying....

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

I just received a notification that 2023.6.2 was available to install..

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I was hoping to see something about vampire drain in the notes, but if they ever do address it I bet they won’t announce it since that would be admitting there’s a problem.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Have been waiting forever for the passive key fob functionality. Very happy to see that one as I hate using my phone as a key.
Sponsored