tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I made a visit to Atlanta Store at Ponce Market. I drive R1T and wanted to convince my wife to get the R1S instead of Model X..

The office is pretty nice, and it has both R1T and R1S model. There are roughly around 10 people at any given time (I was there during Sunday from 2pm to 4pm), but most people seems to be a first EV shopper.

While looking at R1S very careful, I found the fit and fitness to be little off here and there, especially around the front corner where it meets the hood. Also, the bottom trunk door (is that the right term?) seems little weak, and felt like it'll break down in frequent use...

I don't know what others think about those, but that's one thing that my wife brought up, and I couldn't succeed in my persuasion. :-(
Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I made a visit to Atlanta Store at Ponce Market. I drive R1T and wanted to convince my wife to get the R1S instead of Model X..

The office is pretty nice, and it has both R1T and R1S model. There are roughly around 10 people at any given time (I was there during Sunday from 2pm to 4pm), but most people seems to be a first EV shopper.

While looking at R1S very careful, I found the fit and fitness to be little off here and there, especially around the front corner where it meets the hood. Also, the bottom trunk door (is that the right term?) seems little weak, and felt like it'll break down in frequent use...

I don't know what others think about those, but that's one thing that my wife brought up, and I couldn't succeed in my persuasion. :-(
Same boat, the wife will not budge off of the Tesla (and dislikes driving my Rivian). She is comfortable with the Tesla UI (I agree there), and has instant anxiety at not having access to the SC network in the Rivian.

Getting access to they SC network next year may help, but having to mess with an adaptor will probably still elicit scowls from her... :rolleyes:

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The Tesla Model X is really nice and the gull wing doors are way cool.

Brian

OP
OP

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Same boat, the wife will not budge off of the Tesla (and dislikes driving my Rivian). She is comfortable with the Tesla UI (I agree there), and has instant anxiety at not having access to the SC network in the Rivian.

Getting access to they SC network next year may help, but having to mess with an adaptor will probably still elicit scowls from her... :rolleyes:
Right. SC is definitely one of her reasoning as well.. She felt the car was little too lengthy? for her driving style.. and I told her that most 7 seater cars are that big.. (She drives Audi Q7 now), but R1S seemed a lot bigger in comparison, for some reason..

Sponsored

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
I would consider how you plan to use the vehicle. If this is going to be your road trip vehicle, MX is clear winner because of the SC infrastructure. Otherwise, Its personal preference and as they say "happy wife, happy life" :)

Rad_ry

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
That’s ok. Someone needs to buy a MX.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
We each pick out own cars. Makes a happy marriage.

Sponsored

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have a R1T and my wife has a Model X. I find the R1T to be the superior vehicle in all ways. And we both hate the falcon wing doors as you cannot open them in the garage. However, we have free supercharging for life with the Model X and the Tesla network is hands down vastly superior to any other charging network. And Tesla service has been very good and available for the few small things we needed. I would love to get her a R1S but I think it is best not to put all the eggs into one basket.

OP
OP

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I feel the space in MX to be very limiting, and don't find it comfortable for long trip. I have a family of 5 with 3 boys that are 6'4", 6'0, and 3'.

They are already complaining about the lack of space in R1T.. I doubt they will be happy with MX... their 6 seaters are not too bad, but again, then I will lose tons of storage space...

Between trying out my luck with Tesla fit and fitness, sitting and storage space, I prefer the R1S..

And I feel like in a year or so, charging will be easier since Rivian can also utilize Tesla's SC...

and I have enough patience for that.. :D

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Tesla makes a cheap interior and their exteriors are plain and boring.
Which, of course, it entirely subjective. I prefer the uncluttered interior of my Model Y, I prefer the UI, and I think they are a damn good looking car.

See? Subjective.
:cool:

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Sorry OP. Sounds like you’ll need a new wife 😞