Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I want the app to send me a notification when charging has started and finished.
Or interrupted. And perhaps when de-rated (user option?).
Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I really want a way to connect a rear aux brake light for times I have the roof top tent or the motorcycle on the hitch hauler. Adventure items that obscure the OEM brake lights are a safety problem. If we had a setting so we could plug in an aux light to the rear trailer harness WITHOUT taking away features as sensors it would be fantastic!

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
I would really, *really*, like to see an option for proximity locking when at home. Right now we have proximity locking and unlocking turned off when home - as we don;t want the car to unlock everytime we are in our dining room - but its a pain not simply being able to walk away from it when we get home (1st world problems I know :) )

PlopPlop

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T
Occupation
Owner, SB
1 button push = 1 wiper cycle
If something lightly sprays across your window it is nice to have a single wiper swipe to clear it. Currently you have to push the wiper button 5 times to get one wiper cycle.
When you press the wiper toggle up this wakes the wiper menu but the down button does nothing in this situation. Make the down button a single cycle of the wipers.

Lowest suspension setting should be available in the standard drive mode and not limited to Sport mode. I like the height of the lowest setting but not the aggressive acceleration. It's my truck, let me pick the settings I want.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I would really, *really*, like to see an option for proximity locking when at home. Right now we have proximity locking and unlocking turned off when home - as we don;t want the car to unlock everytime we are in our dining room - but its a pain not simply being able to walk away from it when we get home (1st world problems I know :) )
Yeah, I would like 4 choices in the Location area for Home Location Proximity Behavior:
Lock On/Unlock On
Lock On/Unlock Off
Lock Off/Unlock On
Lock Off/Unlock Off

I’d be fine with the same choices for away from home behavior, too. I’d probably set mine to Lock Off/Unlock On at home and Lock On/Unlock Off away from home.

Being able to add other special locations would be nice, too. Like if you have a favorite added to navigation you could go in and choose from the 4 possibilities at each location you choose: home, work, in-laws, vacation home, etc.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

1 button push = 1 wiper cycle
If something lightly sprays across your window it is nice to have a single wiper swipe to clear it. Currently you have to push the wiper button 5 times to get one wiper cycle.
When you press the wiper toggle up this wakes the wiper menu but the down button does nothing in this situation. Make the down button a single cycle of the wipers.

Lowest suspension setting should be available in the standard drive mode and not limited to Sport mode. I like the height of the lowest setting but not the aggressive acceleration. It's my truck, let me pick the settings I want.
You can tap the washer button very briefly for a single swipe.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

• Bed camera access when driving. I know it’s been mentioned before but this the one thing I repeatedly wish I had when the bed is loaded up.
  • Kneel button (I don’t need/want kneel every time but when I want it, I want to access it quickly)
  • Waypoints (I would think this is coming as ABRP becomes more integrated)
  • Weather app (esp radar and wind speed) overlay in Nav
  • Edit to add: trip details should get their own “app” in the Rivian system (just like camping and energy). If it has a dedicated page you could add all sorts of cool details (elevation change, avg temp), save past trips, etc. and you wouldn’t need to dig through settings to find the trip meter.

Last edited:

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
My current wish list in order of priority (highest first):
  • Fix the damn noise on the speaker above the driver's side door (R1S with in-house audio).
  • Fix / revert seat ventilation to match performance on earlier software builds.
  • Add text message integration.
  • Ability to open / close charging door via the app (including while vehicle is locked).
  • Update / expand current Spotify integration (easier to find top charts, podcasts, etc.).
  • Add additional app integrations (SiriusXM app, Audible, Netflix while parked, etc.).
  • Option (toggle) for cameras to automatically turn on/off at low speeds (0-5 mph).
  • Ability to save (at least 1) custom audio EQ setting.
  • Enable the previously announced highway lane change assist feature for Driver+.
  • Option (toggle) to set climate conditioning to only begin once the vehicle is put into drive/reverse (rather than on door open).
    • Current is still better than previous where it turned on at unlock, but still annoying to have the AC system start when you open the door to grab one item.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
With keeping it simple in mind:

1) Option for windows to automatically go up when car is locked. I can do it through the app, but it's a pain and I think most folks want windows up if they're parked. I have two windows done 90% of the time while driving because I have my dog, so this is why it's #1 on my list.

1a) Proximity Garage Opener - If I am close to my house (which my R1S knows), I'd like it to automatically send the signal to my garage to open/close. Yes, I can push a button in the car to do it, but that's why it should be easy to implement.

2) Kneel Mode - Agree a kneel "button" would be awesome. Also, it should go as low as the "Sport" setting for kneel. I am 5'9", so if it's going to kneel, going to 10.5" of ground clearance doesn't help me (or my kids). They can just put the button in the vehicle menu where you can open frunk, liftgate, etc.

3) Pet Mode - one touch. Annoying to press the button then press it again after a warning to get it to engage.

4) Stay on mode - Again, can do it through app, but should be pretty easy through screen UI.

5) Music - get that side panel to the left side. It does me no good on the right side of the screen.

Generally, being location aware alone would help a lot of functions like kneel, garage door opening, proximity unlock, etc. It doesn't seem to "know" it's in my driveway. So maybe that's step one.

Sponsored

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
With keeping it simple in mind:

5) Music - get that side panel to the left side. It does me no good on the right side of the screen.
If they do make changes to this, i really hope they make it optional. I actually like the current setup and use it as intended, with both driver and passenger access to music control at any time. Some of us only use the steering wheel controls for changing songs/play/etc.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Kneel button (I don’t need/want kneel every time but when I want it, I want to access it quickly)
Yes, this would be very nice! I’d use the same notification+right scroll button which currently cancels kneel if kneel is enabled. If kneel is disabled then show same notification graphic but change the text to indicate push to lower.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Yes, this would be very nice! I’d use the same notification+right scroll button which currently cancels kneel if kneel is enabled. If kneel is disabled then show same notification graphic but change the text to indicate push to lower.
Yes! I was thinking a button on the screen but yours is a much better idea.

torgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Xterra Pro4X; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

• Ability to save offline maps/aerial imagery data for a specific area. Nice for those weekend trips off the grid! I can do this through onX maps, which also uses Mapbox licensed data. Just don't want to need to pull out my phone when my dumbass can't remember if we were supposed to be headed south on County Road 876... or was it CR 877?
  • Ability to display elevation data, and see your trip's elevation profile without needing to pull out ABRP
  • As others have said, ability to change the wheel profile and associated odometer/speedometer settings without needing to schedule a full blown service appointment
  • Unless I'm missing something... the ability to activate AC/heat from the app. Summertime when I drive into work in the morning, it's usually ~60°F outside and I don't need heating or cooling, so I have it switched off for the sake of efficiency. When I go to drive home in the evening, the cabin is usually >110°F after sitting in uncovered asphalt parking lot all day. If I didn't remember to turn on the AC before leaving my car parked, it'll just be blowing uncooled air when I activate climate control through the app. And presumably it'll do the opposite in winter, though it's much less likely I won't have the heater active during my drive to work when it's hovering around 0°F ambient

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
@torgo The newest version of the app, which is maybe two weeks old now, gives you the ability to turn on heat or AC from the app, as well as temp control other “surfaces” as the app calls them.
Sponsored