Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

Need improvement on vampire drain. Still pretty high! Used to be 5-6% a day. And now at 2% or so. Way too much. Considering my BMW i4 m50 lost 1% being parked 5months while I was in hospital and recovering.
Anyhowā€¦. Another issue I hope Rivian fixes is the turn signal soundā€¦. Am I the only one that is irritated by the noise? It has this gritty high pitch noise after the main sound ends and the delay or supposed silence is playing. Itā€™s earily awful sound and makes me cringe when I hear it. Canā€™t they just silence the delay? My hearing must be too sensitive.
But it wins most obnoxious turn signal sound of any car Iā€™ve ever owned. If itā€™s resampled and they remove the hissy gritty sound then Iā€™m good! Pleeeeeeeaase fix this!!!!

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

I would like to see the driver display have more information. There's tons of unused space. I don't really get the value of having the middle vehicle image showing me icons of pedestrians on the sidewalk. I can see that out the window.

Please surface gauges and other information to the driver display. Here is an awful mockup concept I cranked out.

1701714450400.png
For me, I would like to have a reverse camera option for this display to have option for either the bed cam or reverse cam here. Instead of the main display. My neck was broken on August 2nd this year. My life will never be the same. Lost 50% of flexibility and need cameras for helping me see better. I must use on main display but would find it more useful if this can be on the display above wheel. Please give us many options to toggle data or cams to this display

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

Why does the R1T not have preconditioning? Especially from the app???? Our Teslas did, and our i4 m50ā€™s do. But imo BMW has the best app all around and wish Rivian can catch upā€¦ adding widgets, preconditioning, ability to put reverse cam and bed cam on front display above wheel, add Apple Music please!
and fix the vampire drain. Worst of any EV ever that Iā€™ve owned anyhow. Was 6% a day and now 2-3% a day. Hmm

Sponsored

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Please add a 'city mode' to the adaptive cruise control for stop and go type traffic. This mode only engages below say 25mph but shortens the distance between the R1 and the vehicle ahead. Right now, the minimum follow distance is way to much for city/stopNgo situations with the gap becoming an enticing hole that drivers in adjacent lanes feel compelled to fill. I can't use AA in these low speed situations at all. Volvo, MB have some nifty traffic jam pilot systems that tackle this which Rivian can easily emulate...

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I'm sure this is already posted here or elsewhere, but auto lane changing while in Driver+ mode is what I need next please :clap:

Aquinas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm sure this is already posted here or elsewhere, but auto lane changing while in Driver+ mode is what I need next please :clap:
They just released update 2023.46 that re-engages Driver+ after a lane change.

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
They just released update 2023.46 that re-engages Driver+ after a lane change.
sorry for the confusion. I meant "tapping down turn signal stalk & R1 scans for vacant lane & switches one lane by itself" :CWL:

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

The ability to see the ambient cabin temp on the main screen, or at least on the climate menu. Only place I can find it is on the phone app. Itā€™s obviously a data point being measured.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Iā€™d be happy with valet mode and turn signal cameras.

Iā€™d be super happy to add some video streaming content with access for rear passengers to use the screen for watching content.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I would like to be able to tell the navigation a road/bridge is closed when I approach it, and have the navigation re-route me, like most other modern navigation systems.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I would like to be able to tell the navigation a road/bridge is closed when I approach it, and have the navigation re-route me, like most other modern navigation systems.
Iā€™ve never seen this in any car before. Nor have I seen it in Apple Maps or Waze. Can you name a few that do have it? You say most have it, so Iā€™m curious. Sounds like a cool feature. Thanks!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Iā€™ve never seen this in any car before. Nor have I seen it in Apple Maps or Waze. Can you name a few that do have it? You say most have it, so Iā€™m curious. Sounds like a cool feature. Thanks!
Screen shot from Waze, bottom right icon . You have to flag hazard. Once you do it gives you arrows for an intersection and then you pick the one that is closed.

Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? IMG_7619
Sponsored